Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

ld: library not found for -lc

<< < (4/4)

Jonas Maebe:
It means "pass this parameter to the compiler". See e.g. the first post in this thread, where TomAylesworth executes fpc SphericalHouses.pas in a Terminal window to compile a program. Passing an extra parameter would entail adding that string at the end of this invocation.

If you are using Lazarus to compile programs, you can add extra parameters in Project -> Project Options… -> Compiler Options -> Custom Options

Cavender:
Thank you!  That works.

jamescavender@jamescadersimac RainGauge % fpc iterator.pas -XR/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.2.2 [2021/05/16] for aarch64
Copyright (c) 1993-2021 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Darwin for AArch64
Compiling iterator.pas
Assembling iterator
Linking iterator
29 lines compiled, 0.1 sec
jamescavender@jamescadersimac RainGauge %

Jonas Maebe:
You can create a file called ".fpc.cfg" in your home directory (note the leading dot) with the following contents. Then you don't have to add that parameter manually every time.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---#include /etc/fpc.cfg-XR/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version