Forum > macOS / Mac OS X

ld: library not found for -lc

(1/4) > >>

TomAylesworth:
Getting a linker error trying to compile with new installation of fpc 3.2.2. Any ideas for how to fix it?

> fpc SphericalHouses.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 3.2.2 [2022/10/24] for aarch64
Copyright (c) 1993-2021 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Darwin for AArch64
Compiling SphericalHouses.pas
SphericalHouses.pas(159,26) Warning: function result variable of a managed type does not seem to be initialized
Assembling sphericalhouses
Linking SphericalHouses
ld: library not found for -lc
An error occurred while linking
Error: Error while linking
Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
Error: /opt/homebrew/bin/ppca64 returned an error exitcode

zeljko:
You're missing libc-devel/libc-dev (or similar name) package ?

Jonas Maebe:
You have to install the command line developer tools using xcode-select --install

See also Getting Started (Intel and ARM64).rtf in either /Users/Shared/Free Pascal Compiler/Documentation, or on the disk image with the installation package.

zeljko:
Ah, I've misreaded Target OS

TomAylesworth:

--- Quote from: Jonas Maebe on November 30, 2022, 07:15:49 pm ---You have to install the command line developer tools using xcode-select --install

See also Getting Started (Intel and ARM64).rtf in either /Users/Shared/Free Pascal Compiler/Documentation, or on the disk image with the installation package.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion but they are definitely installed. I'm a long-time iOS and MacOS developer with multiple compilers that rely on the Xcode Command Line Tools.

Welp, after posting that ridiculous statement, I decided to give it a try. Apparently even a "long-time (and overly arrogant) Apple developer" shouldn't make assumptions. smh

Thanks so much for the suggestion. Sorry for the ridiculous reply.

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version