Forum > General

Prevent calling abstract methods

(1/2) > >>

Grahame Grieve:
The compiler emits a warning when it detects an object being constructed that has abstract methods. I'd like to be able to make that an error, like I can in Delphi, but I can't see a way to escalate some warnings and treat them as errors (only turn them off). Or have I missed something?

Thaddy:
compile with -Sew which means treat warnings as errors The compiler itself is compiled with that option.
It seems that is the option you are looking for.
--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---      -Se<x>     Error options. <x> is a combination of the following:         <n> : Compiler halts after the <n> errors (default is 1)         h : Compiler also halts after hints         n : Compiler also halts after notes         w : Compiler also halts after warnings

Grahame Grieve:
But I have hundreds of other warnings, some that I don't know how to fix because I think they're wrong, and many are in the LCL itself. soo that's not an option for me.

jamie:
Ha, We don't need any stinking warnings@!   

If memory servers. {%H-} or something like that, I can't remember now..

but it's an insert you can put on the Declaration where the nefarious warnings are ignored.

Bart:
That only makes the Lazarus IDE not show the warning in the messages window.
The compiler does nothing with that.

Bart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version