Recent

Author Topic: Indy for Mac OSX  (Read 13906 times)

stargate

Indy for Mac OSX
« on: January 11, 2009, 04:58:51 am »
I have succesfully installed Lazaurus + FPC on a Tiger 10.4 Power PC. All is well, except the fact that I have to launch Lazarus from terminal. I have developed a webtv service and now I am looking into providing support for most platforms (currently running on Windows, Linux and Windows Mobile). I want to port my Freepascal Linux version of the client application to the Mac. Since the Linux and Windows versions are using Indy for communication, I was wondering if there is a way to use Indy on a Mac OSX application.

So my questions is - has anybody succesfully installed Indy components on a FPC installation on Mac?

Thanks.

Phil

Re: Indy for Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 07:53:10 pm »
I also run 10.4 on PowerPC.

- You should be able to just double-click the lazarus.app in your lazarus folder to start Lazarus. I assume you installed the stable 0.9.26. If not, please do so.

- I've successfully used Indy with my Mac. I use the Web Services Toolkit that uses Indy:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Web_Service_Toolkit

I haven't installed the Indy package but its units work okay. I believe I'm using Indy 10.2.0.1.

Thanks.

-Phil

stargate

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 08:55:44 pm »
I installed yesterday the latest version from the download page. I will check to see if that's the version number. From indy, basically I only need idhttpclient and if possible idhttpserver. Can I use these without actually installing indy?

Thanks.

LE: Lazarus says:
Version #: 0.9.26 beta
Date: 2008-10-06
FPC Version: 2.2.2
SVN Revision: 16902

Even LE:
It works! I have succesfully compiled the application using idhttp! Indy.lpk compiled ok, but the installation failed. But no matter the units can be used directly. BTW: I am using Indy 10.2.0.3.

Thank you very much for your hints.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:49:05 pm by stargate »

Phil

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 10:30:42 pm »
Yes, I seem to recall that I was not able to install the Indy package either.

Has anyone successfully installed the Indy package in the Lazarus IDE?

Thanks.

-Phil

stargate

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:18 pm »
One small problem. Even though I add a bmp to a timage component and Lazarus displays the image in the designer, at runtime, the form comes up with an empty timpage. Same case with the ico file from form1. Is there something that I am missing?

captain

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:10:34 pm »
Guys, can anyone make a Lazarus distributive with integrated Indy controls or automated script for make it?

shiruba

• Galapagos Software
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 09:02:12 am »
I gave up using Indy and use Synapse instead.  The only problem is that it freezes the app when doing a call (since it's synchronous). 
Galapagos Software - Lazarus Code

Jaco

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 09:12:46 am »
Hi all,

Yes, I have installed Indy 10.2.0.1 in Lazarus on both PPC and Intel Macs, and all worked fine.

After the switch to fpc 2.4.0 though, 10.2.0.1 could not be compiled anymore, and I was forced to move to 10.2.0.3. This was my conclusion, maybe with some simple changes in the 10.2.0.1 sourcecode this could have been avoided :)
But, and a BIG but, the fpc component does not function anymore...... So, something was seriously screwed up.
Would be helpful to get some feedback from other users on this. I also tried other FTP components (lnet, synapse), all without success.

So, as a consequence I now have a stable Lazarus - FPC 2.2 installation to guarantee the work can continue, but as soon as I need some Lazarus of FPC fix, I'm screwed .........

Any suggestions ?

Greeting, Jaco

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 01:10:17 pm »
I used indy10 a while on OS X/PPC, but only used a few protocols. The other ones are maybe not entirely endianness clean.

Since an year or two, the so called Tiburon branch emerged (don't know the version, but the one packaged with D2009+), which changed heavily, and the changes were not tested with FPC.

I would try to get the most recent NON Tiburon Indy sources and try again.

Jaco

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 07:48:08 pm »
Managed to get the Indy 10.2.0.1 working again. Two functions where renamed in fpc 2.4.
So, it's working sweet again.

If someone would like to get the Indy I use in Mac OSX (installed), send me a message and I'll give you a URL to download it from.

Jaco

trevosx

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 01:59:00 pm »
OSX v10.4.11 (Intel)
Lazarus v0.9.29 beta (20091020)
FPC v2.2.4

Indy v10.2.0.3

No problem installing into palette that I can recall :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018