Recent

Author Topic: Designer doesn't work in docked IDE  (Read 1046 times)

Fiarinn

Designer doesn't work in docked IDE
« on: November 26, 2022, 03:13:29 pm »
I have added the packages anchordockingdsgn, sparta_DockedFormEditor and spartamdi to get an anchored layout but when applied the designer doesn't work. The workspace only has the "dots" at the bottom half of the designer window, you can't drag and drop components onto the designer but can only get them by double-clicking and when they have finally arrived you can't drag them around the designer workspace.

Has anyone come across this and got the designer working in this configuration? I have removed the packages and having to use the floating window layout which I don't like.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Designer doesn't work in docked IDE
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 03:24:46 pm »
Don't use any sparta....

There should be a package  "DockedFormEditor"

af0815

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2022, 04:38:35 pm »
Is it possible to declare sparta as deprecated in code and desciption ?
regards
Andreas

Aruna

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 10:06:27 pm »
I have added the packages anchordockingdsgn, sparta_DockedFormEditor and spartamdi to get an anchored layout but when applied the designer doesn't work. The workspace only has the "dots" at the bottom half of the designer window, you can't drag and drop components onto the designer but can only get them by double-clicking and when they have finally arrived you can't drag them around the designer workspace.

Has anyone come across this and got the designer working in this configuration? I have removed the packages and having to use the floating window layout which I don't like.
Uninstall everything and start from scratch. So uninstall spartamdi then uninstall anchordockingdsgn. Rebuild the ide. Now install anchordockingdsgn alone and rebuild the ide. After you have successfully installed the package and restarted the IDE, the IDE starts with a default docked layout. More info about Docking 

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 11:00:33 pm »
Uninstall everything and start from scratch. So uninstall spartamdi then uninstall anchordockingdsgn. Rebuild the ide. Now install anchordockingdsgn alone and rebuild the ide. After you have successfully installed the package and restarted the IDE, the IDE starts with a default docked layout. More info about Docking
I understood he only has problems with the embedded designer. Martin's answer is correct, there is a new package for it.
Remember to use the latest Lazarus version.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018