Recent

Author Topic: About pp4s site  (Read 863 times)

YiannisKam

About pp4s site
« on: November 27, 2022, 03:43:30 pm »
Hello, does anyone have any information about what happened to pp4s.co.uk site? It's seems it's down. Is it temporary or permanent? Thank you...

nouzi

Re: About pp4s site
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 03:53:43 pm »
I have the same question
My English is  bad
Lazarus last version free pascal last version
Lazarus trunk  free pascal trunk 
System : Linux mint  64bit  Windows 7 64bit

MarkMLl

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 04:00:34 pm »
https://web.archive.org/web/20220526205032/https://pp4s.co.uk/ has a copy going back to May this year.

In any event it has no direct connection with the FPC and/or Lazarus projects.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

YiannisKam

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 04:17:34 pm »
Thank you very much MarkMLI. At least now I can visit again all the awesome tutorials/examples that site has, although it's slow this way.

MarkMLl

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2022, 04:29:34 pm »
Thank you very much MarkMLI. At least now I can visit again all the awesome tutorials/examples that site has, although it's slow this way.

Also note that if the domain gets grabbed by somebody trying to make a quick buck by reselling it ("cybersquatter" or however you would like to call him) and if he puts a no-robots tag on it, archive.org will (or certainly used to) respect that by restricting access to the content.

So while I would *most* *definitely* *not* condone anybody grabbing and republishing the content (the copyright of which is owned by the original creator and associated contributors), you might like to consider spidering a copy of the examples etc. for your own reference.

MarkMLl

YiannisKam

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2022, 04:43:56 pm »
Yes, thank you 🙏

Thaddy

• Sensorship about opinions does not belong here.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2022, 04:52:31 pm »
You should ask that 70 year old little son of a bitch guy who was born in st Petersburg.
Not the wayback machine.
I am perfectly happy to host, btw. So if there is a complete back-up available I will put it on line.

Probability is that either the host is in Ukraine - which is criminally out of electricity because of said person -, or the host suffers from worldwide sanctions, which is a good thing.

Note I love Russia, but not its Hitler.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

YiannisKam

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2022, 05:04:47 pm »
If this is the case then it's really sad. I have no words...

Thaddy

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2022, 05:12:47 pm »
@MarkMLI
I have some context: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+speech+for+the+dumb&atb=v352-1&ia=web
Both the versions are good. Discharge or Metallica's cover.
Object Pascal programmers should get rid of their "component fetish" especially with the non-visuals.

MarkMLl

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 05:18:58 pm »
Under the circumstances, I think it would be best to stick to the known facts.

The site is a co.uk and as such is within the UK's jurisdiction. According to Nominet (the UK registrar) it was registered in 2010 and remains valid until 2014.

The corresponding IP address is allocated to Go Daddy Netherlands B.V., with an operating address in Amsterdam. An alternative address is Huerth in Germany.

In any event, there is no indication of any involvement of any person or company any further East.

Thaddy, in case you're not aware of it the UK has its own problems at the moment: runaway inflation, interest rates higher than they've been for a decade or more, and a high probability of strikes thoughout the Winter and beyond.

A substantial part of that is driven by the country's (in my opinion) ill-advised exit from the EU, which might or might not have been encouraged by one or more delusional heads of government.

Now could we PLEASE leave off the politicising and speculation, before we get a moderatorial <cough>... or worse.

MarkMLl

Thaddy

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2022, 06:15:45 pm »
Under the circumstances, I think it would be best to stick to the known facts.
As was thaddy.co.uk (given that one up) That was hosted in some rogue country country under rogue leadership too.
The rest I still hold, except thaddy.net which was taken.

My point is that if there is a criminal out there that comes close to equal Hitler or Himmler there should be no ban on free speech on any forum.
( And I could have written this in his native language as many of you know)

Beware  Mark, beware... L'histoire se répète and you are watching it happen.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 06:22:41 pm by Thaddy »

MarkMLl

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2022, 07:34:26 pm »
My point is that if there is a criminal out there that comes close to equal Hitler or Himmler there should be no ban on free speech on any forum.
( And I could have written this in his native language as many of you know)

Beware  Mark, beware... L'histoire se répète and you are watching it happen.

There are people of many different nationalities using this forum, and it is not in the community's interest that dissent be fomented.

If you are of a mind to highlight cause and discuss effect, I suggest doing it somewhere where the other parties are intent on getting to the bottom of the foolish behaviour of Europe's left-leaning parties who were more than willing to be bought-off by the promise of cheap fuel with no strings attached.

MarkMLl

440bx

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2022, 08:07:47 pm »
foolish behaviour of Europe's left-leaning parties who were more than willing to be bought-off by the promise of cheap fuel with no strings attached.
Politics is probably quite out of place in a forum that is dedicated to the Pascal language but... no more foolish than the "right leaning" (being very generous) parties who were more than willing to be bought-off by the promise of 'England First" with an equal number of absent strings attached to it.

The one thing that is a characteristic of those who are first, is that to be first, you have be alone, otherwise, you're not first, which shoots "l'union fait la force" in the foot. ;)

(FPC v3.0.4 and Lazarus 1.8.2) or (FPC v3.2.2 and Lazarus v3.2) on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

Thaddy

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2022, 08:28:37 pm »
I have no opinion. I am just a political scientist. I observe, not judge. There is a big difference with what you two wrote. Putting things into - documented -context  and without opinion confused with facts and lack of history.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 08:31:58 pm by Thaddy »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018