Forum > LCL

problem with label alignment in pagecontrol

<< < (2/6) > >>

jamie:
I can tell you that any GUI changes that effects the appearance should not be done in the Show event because it can cause retriggers.

The OnShow event is to show what you have and what changes you make there should not directly affect the GUI layout in anyway.

wp:

--- Quote from: calebs on November 26, 2022, 12:33:38 am ---all other options are default ones.

--- End quote ---
So, the labels have AutoSize=true? Then there is no way to distinguish left-aligned, centered and right-aligned single-line labels because the size of the label is adjusted such that it tightly encloses the text. I don't understand...

calebs:
open, focus on first tab, run and watch alignment of labels... first column is left, center is center, right is right.
then change tab and watch missaligned.
Then click on the button below and change tab and do it several tabs...
now i find that labels moves far from their design position.
if you stop, focus on second tab and run.
second tab is as should be with alignment but first not...
play again with button and changin tabs and you will see

howardpc:
Not quite sure what you are after, but the attached adapted project uses childsizing for TabSheet1, with a number of other properties also changed, and TabSheet2 left as in your project1.
You can play with the various childsizing sub-properties to get the effect you want (whatever it is). Confusingly, I failed to rename the altered project, sorry.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: calebs on November 26, 2022, 08:01:24 pm ---open, focus on first tab, run and watch alignment of labels... first column is left, center is center, right is right.
then change tab and watch missaligned.
Then click on the button below and change tab and do it several tabs...
now i find that labels moves far from their design position.
if you stop, focus on second tab and run.
second tab is as should be with alignment but first not...
play again with button and changin tabs and you will see

--- End quote ---

So, rather than playing 20 questions... post a project or some code that demonstrates the error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version