Forum > Other

[SOLVED] StringUtils in MSDOS

<< < (6/6)

MarkMLl:
Thanks for that, so I was on the right track.

I've obviously used the makefiles, and continue to use them in other contexts. Apart from anything else I think it's good practice to have a working makefile for any published project... at least for stuff which is console-only.

I was vaguely aware of the fpmake/fpcmake "metalayer" and have tinkered with it minimally in the past- I think that was while fpmake was dominant. A summary like the one you've just given could usefully appear in the docs at some point.

MarkMLl

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on December 01, 2022, 09:47:46 am ---I was vaguely aware of the fpmake/fpcmake "metalayer" and have tinkered with it minimally in the past- I think that was while fpmake was dominant. A summary like the one you've just given could usefully appear in the docs at some point.

--- End quote ---

fpmake is younger than fpcmake and is also what powers fppkg.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on December 01, 2022, 10:01:08 pm ---fpmake is younger than fpcmake and is also what powers fppkg.

--- End quote ---

Ah. I clearly need to plough through whatever documentation is available... fppkg I'm chiefly aware of because of the insoluble question when trying to start a new instance of Lazarus.

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version