Recent

Author Topic: IRC channel  (Read 11089 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: IRC channel
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2022, 01:31:30 pm »
ADMIN NOTE

No problem with the discussion so far. All well behaved (at least from what I gleaned while having a quick read through).

I would however advice to be careful with more personal/private bits of information. Even if they are about yourself. As they get "sucked" into the discussion, they get unwittingly extended bit by bit.
If anyone considers any such info (even if self published) to better be removed, please contact me (In case it needs to be edited out from quotes). I will at my digression act on it.
To be clear, this is about privacy concerns only.

Joanna

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2022, 02:30:38 pm »
Bogen85 no offense but being a moderator is a very different skill set than programming which you are good at.

Tony stone for your information it isn’t “my channel” it’s the official irc support channel for the fpc project which I am managing on behalf of nickysn who is Happy with how I do things. When someone speaks in this channel, they are representing the entire fpc community and for this reason It’s best to favor quality over quantity when it comes to members.

I had no choice but to ban you because of your destructive behavior in the channel. Yet you have the audacity to continue to attack our official irc channel which represents the fpc project by calling it a “failed channel”
The channel is still in use and all people genuinely interested in using the pascal language are welcome to come join us.

I invite everyone reading this {excerpt the trolls} to come to irc and visit our channel and introduce yourselves.it will be fun. I know a lot of us are in different time zones and might arrive at different times but if we all get a critical mass of people we can revive the channels to their former glory when interesting pascal conversations with different people were happening everyday.

Irc is not obsolete but it is under attack by interests that want to move us to platforms that monetize our data, censor and spy on us. Freenode was Bought and destroyed on purpose to get people to stop using irc most likely.

Ironically Irc has trolls that hate irc and want to make the irc experience as miserable as possible For the people who remain there but don’t worry trolls won’t last long in any channel I manage. ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 02:54:56 pm by Joanna »
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2022, 03:11:06 pm »
Notes about the moderation above
Bogen85 if you had not deleted my messages in your temper tantrum you would have seen my explanation of who

This post contained reference (including background on employment) about several people (but particular one person) from the IRC channel (identified by their nicks). One person in question contacted me, to have their data removed.

The post lined out some other participants on the IRC channel may have influenced opinions of others. (Who told lies to whom, who may have spied on whom, ...).

From what I can conclude it was a response to this.
If you still believe that someone else is a troll (you know who I am referring to), then please, put him on trial here in the forum

As that person however does not wish to be "put on trial" here, and the information is otherwise only relevant (and also only meaningful) to the above quoted parties, I decided to remove the information as requested.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 03:33:44 pm by Martin_fr »

Joanna

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2022, 03:38:08 pm »
For those interested in trying out irc this guide might help a bit.
https://libera.chat/guides/
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

Bogen85

« Reply #139 on: December 15, 2022, 06:38:58 pm »
Notes about the moderation above
Bogen85 if you had not deleted my messages in your temper tantrum you would have seen my explanation of who

This post contained reference (including background on employment) about several people (but particular one person) from the IRC channel (identified by their nicks). One person in question contacted me, to have their data removed.

The post lined out some other participants on the IRC channel may have influenced opinions of others. (Who told lies to whom, who may have spied on whom, ...).

From what I can conclude it was a response to this.
If you still believe that someone else is a troll (you know who I am referring to), then please, put him on trial here in the forum

As that person however does not wish to be "put on trial" here, and the information is otherwise only relevant (and also only meaningful) to the above quoted parties, I decided to remove the information as requested.

Thanks Martin.

This falls on me.

I meant that rhetorically, the "put on trial" part, but I was I not 100% clear that I meant it that way, so in retrospect I should likely have not said it.

Either it needs to be said it or does not need to be said, something should not be said if one is not completely OK with what the consequences from those words will be.

Mea culpa.

Joanna

« Reply #140 on: December 15, 2022, 11:36:03 pm »
Nobody needs to be put on trial. The irc channels have official channel logs. I forgot where the website for them is.

In any case Irc is supposed to be a fun place to meet likeminded people to chat about topics of common interest.

An irc experience is determined by what the people in the channel do. At the present time most irc channels are predominately lurkers. I would like to change that to something better but I cannot do it alone.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 11:52:38 pm by Joanna »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018