Forum > Other

IRC channel

(1/29) > >>

GetMem:
@Joanna

--- Quote ---I miss the old days in irc when many people were talking about pascal. Most people seem to have disappeared from there. Maybe they died of old age? I don’t know  :o
--- End quote ---
:) again? Please stop infesting the forum with posts about IRC, you already hijacked several threads. It should be pretty obvious by now that people don't want to participate in IRC discussions for various reasons. Why do you keep insisting?

PS: If you still want to talk about IRC, please start a separate thread next time.

Thaddy:
What's wrong with current IRC?
OK, it is old school, but that does not matter.
@Joanna
Let's write a secure IRC chat. We don't need "The Donald" to start our own.
Getmem is atm not invited for dinner.

Martin_fr:
This thread was split off https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,61276.msg461070.html#msg461070

--- Quote from: Joanna on November 23, 2022, 05:51:17 pm ---The last thing we need to do is divide people up by age. I didn’t take the survey for that reason.

The important question is WHY did most schools stop teaching pascal ??and how to reverse this trend?

As if the lack of universities and employers supporting pascal isn’t enough, outside of this forum people are constantly attacking and trying to discredit pascal. It’s a rare thing to meet someone new who uses Pascal.

I miss the old days in irc when many people were talking about pascal. Most people seem to have disappeared from there. Maybe they died of old age? I don’t know  :o

--- End quote ---

A word of clarification
Personally, I deem the above post perfectly reasonable within the bounds of the original thread. However, the potential (and in my experience likely) subsequent discussion (picking on that single last line of the post) breaks those bounds

GetMem:
Just to prove my point...
Please take a look at the following thread: https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,60989.0.html and the seemingly innocent reply #7. Then watch how the whole thread degenerate mostly into a futile IRC discussion.

KodeZwerg:
It was fun to read both threads  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version