Forum > Other

Is it allowed to start a Thread in the Sub-Forums for Discussion's sake?

(1/3) > >>

Zvoni:
Hi folks,
couldn't think of a better thread-title.

Quick and painless:
Is it OK to start a Thread in any of the (Sub)-Forums just for discussion's sake?

current case is:
I've been asked to display my "technique" handling different Databases without having to change my Frontend-code

I'm asking because:
1) it's not third party
2) it's not FPC-code (per se! though there might be some snippets)
3) in my opinion, the correct place would be Databases (any of the two), AND NOT HERE.
4) Others might benefit from it
5) Peer-Review would be welcomed. Might learn something i missed

If allowed, any suggestion for a Thread-Title-Prefix?
"[TUTORIAL] How to...." sounds so pretentious...  :D

FWIW, i would have some 3-4 topics concerning tips and tricks in SQL ready-to-post

MarkMLl:
Sounds reasonable to me, particularly since you've got enough experience under your belt to be fairly trustworthy.

I'd suggest that labeling it "Proposed HOWTO" would be appropriate, particularly if any consensus could be collated into a monograph in the spirit of other open-source HOWTO documents.

MarkMLl

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on November 17, 2022, 02:44:42 pm ---Sounds reasonable to me, particularly since you've got enough experience under your belt to be fairly trustworthy.

I'd suggest that labeling it "Proposed HOWTO" would be appropriate, particularly if any consensus could be collated into a monograph in the spirit of other open-source HOWTO documents.

MarkMLl

--- End quote ---
High praise.
Thank you, Mark.

I'll wait a bit, for/if maybe one of the moderators chips in

EDIT: After thinking about it, i might recind this proposal, since the "wiki" might be actually the correct place, though i have no idea how to add/edit something on the Wiki (do i need an account on the Wiki?)
Thoughts?

tt:

--- Quote from: Zvoni on November 17, 2022, 02:30:52 pm ---Hi folks,
couldn't think of a better thread-title.

Quick and painless:
Is it OK to start a Thread in any of the (Sub)-Forums just for discussion's sake?

current case is:
I've been asked to display my "technique" handling different Databases without having to change my Frontend-code

I'm asking because:
1) it's not third party
2) it's not FPC-code (per se! though there might be some snippets)
3) in my opininion, the correct place would be Databases (any of the two), AND NOT HERE.
4) Others might benefit from it
5) Peer-Review would be welcomed. Might learn something i missed

If allowed, any suggestion for a Thread-Title-Prefix?
"[TUTORIAL] How to...." sounds so pretentious...  :D

FWIW, i would have some 3-4 topics concerning tips and tricks in SQL ready-to-post

--- End quote ---

Why not the forum admis to create new child boards named for example "[Howto]", or "[Techniques]" or "[Recipes]" whenever senseful? For example in the context of Database maybe this is senseful, or in the case of web programming, or Programming in general for the topic Error handling.

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: tt on November 17, 2022, 02:49:32 pm ---
Why not the forum admis to create new child boards named for example "[Howto]", or "[Techniques]" or "[Recipes]" whenever senseful? For example in the context of Database maybe this is senseful, or in the case of web programming, or Programming in general for the topic Error handling.

--- End quote ---
See my Edit.
The "wiki" might be the correct place.
OTOH, i have no idea how you would/could have a discussion on the wiki.
The Wiki is IMO for tested/evaluated/confirmed "procedures" that work

Ah, let's wait what the moderators think

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version