Recent

Author Topic: The way I setup lazarus and FPC on linux  (Read 59104 times)

tatamata

• ZMSQL - SQL enhanced in-memory database
Re: The way I setup lazarus and FPC on linux
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:09 am »
For Puppy Linux lovers,

I have prepared Puppy linux PET package for Lazarus 0.9.30 + fpc 2.4.2 with cross-compiling to win32.
Download PET from here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/q_aktBSR/Lazarus-09300-fpc-242.html

Even Zeosdbo is preinstalled.

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 08:20:31 pm »
I currently use the following procedure to install Fixes snapshots on Ubuntu Lucid since other ways have proved quite hard to me:

- add lazarus testing repository to software sources
- install current FPC from the repository
- download Lazarus source, unpack and compile with "make clean all" then if compilation went ok, I do "make install" so it gets installed to /usr/local/share/lazarus
- manually setup links, icons etc.

If you need newer Lazarus, like next release testing snapshots, or from SVN, download and install newer FPC debs from the snapshot page.

I've chosen this path since fresh Lazarus debs won't install on my system because of dependency problems, but manual install is just as easy and with no obvious drawbacks. I install FPC from the repositories/debs since the installation works flawlessly, yet manually installing it can be a pain...
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

brunof

• Linux
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 04:18:23 pm »
Nice post! :D

I did install on a virtual machine Ubuntu 10.04 LTS via Synaptic.
Later i ahve to install the packges:

sudo apt-get install fpc-source mysql-client-5.1 mysql-server-5.1 libmysqlclient15-dev

Without problems.
"Computer is like air conditioning:It becomes useless when you open Windows." - Linux tolvards
Lazarus-Linux-MySql

mdlueck

• Lueck Data Systems
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »
I've chosen this path since fresh Lazarus debs won't install on my system because of dependency problems, but manual install is just as easy and with no obvious drawbacks. I install FPC from the repositories/debs since the installation works flawlessly, yet manually installing it can be a pain...

Which is what I have slammed into with my Ubuntu Linux Lucid 10.04 LTS system. Why oh why were the packages of Lazarus built to require something higher than 10.04 whereas the FPC packages automatically updated to the 2.6 version without much trouble at all?

Is there package compatibility problems with building the Laz packages on a 10.04 box and attempting to deploy to a newer release of Ubuntu?
--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/

new2linux

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 02:26:40 pm »
Is this thread still relevant?

I didn't have any problems installing Lazarus, on various machines and occasions, except for the outdated version in the Ubuntu etc Software Channel (which is a pity).

I suggest we unpin this thread, it scares people ;) I didn't read through it all though. The gist could go to the wiki.

Ñuño_Martínez

• Burdjia
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2014, 11:08:04 am »
Agree.  This thread born when Lazarus was far from version 1.0.0.  Should be unpinned.
Are you interested in game programming? Join the Pascal Game Development community!
Also visit the Game Development Portal

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2014, 11:49:44 am »
Done. Mostly because it was never updated for current distros. (though somethings like that Debian/Ubuntu versions are generally old are universal)

SephirothsHell

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2014, 05:38:26 pm »
Is this thread still relevant?

I didn't have any problems installing Lazarus, on various machines and occasions, except for the outdated version in the Ubuntu etc Software Channel (which is a pity).

I suggest we unpin this thread, it scares people ;) I didn't read through it all though. The gist could go to the wiki.

Actually I am currently having some problems installing Lazarus on PinGuyOS (Ubuntu 14.04) and it has something to do with  "FCC". It keeps being deleted by the "fpc_2.6.4-140420_i386.deb" file. If I reinstall FCC (I have done it a couple of time according to this: http://www.sysads.co.uk/2014/07/install-gcc-gnu-4-9-1-on-ubuntu-14-04/) it is just deleted again when I try to install FPC.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.
"Reality is just a point of view"
Phillip K. Dick

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »
I assume you installed FPC first, and then gcc.

Afaik FPC tries to get the path from gcc to configure itself, it is the -Fl and -FD lines in fpc.cfg.  Check those.

IIRC fpcmkcfg and/or samplecfg (in share or doc directory) can be used to regenerate FPC's fpc.cfg.

SephirothsHell

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 06:02:38 am »
Hi marcov,

GCC was initially installed but as I tried to install FPC required GCC removal (as far as I understand).

When I check the lines you suggested on fpc.cfg I see this:

# path to the gcclib

# searchpath for libraries
#-Fl/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/lib
#-Fl/lib;/usr/lib
-Fl/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/lib/$FPCTARGET

# searchpath for tools
-FD/usr/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/bin/$FPCTARGET

I'm not sure how could I regenerate FPC's fpc.cfg using those files you pointed. They don't seem to do anything at all.
"Reality is just a point of view"
Phillip K. Dick

TinyPortal © 2005-2018