Forum > QT

Qt5 and Showmodal

(1/3) > >>

dbannon:
I am intensely embarrassed about this, I am sure its so obvious it cannot be a bug but I cannot see what I am doing wrong !

In Qt5 (and I am pretty sure, Qt6) on Linux, Lazarus 2.2.0rc2 and Lazarus Main, if a form is showmodal, it looses its buttons from across the top, particularly, Minimise, Mazimise and Close.

Its fine under GTK2 and its fine if its a Show rather than Showmodal. Can anyone else replicate ?

Just two forms, ShowModal the second one from the main one, with a button or from FormShow. See image.

Davo

jujibo:
I have seen this for a long time.
It works for Gnome and KDE (Plasma).
This fails on Cinnamon and Mate.

I don't know if this happens on other desktops as well.

In this case, it loses Minimize and Maximize buttons.

Attached image is on Cinnamon

zeljko:
Seen that already long time ago, but didn't investigate. What distro do you use ? Is it wayland or x11 ?

jujibo:

--- Quote from: zeljko on November 14, 2022, 09:39:43 am ---Seen that already long time ago, but didn't investigate. What distro do you use ? Is it wayland or x11 ?

--- End quote ---

In my case I it works on Gnome (Wayland and Xorg) and Plasma (Xorg).
It fails on Cinnamon and Mate (XOrg).
Running Debian 11 amd64.

dbannon:
A mystery indeed.

I found all three buttons missing on U2004 Mate, Ubuntu Testing Mate (a VM).

And two missing, Minimize and Maximize missing but the Close one there on another U2004 Mate.  So, now I wonder if it somehow relates to desktop settings ?

I'm about to embark on a series of pre-release tests on a number of VM, I let you know what I find.

But the bad news is, same problem with Qt6 !

Davo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version