Forum > General

how to debug RTL routines in lazarus?

(1/2) > >>

alexraynepe196:
Hallow.
have instaled lazarus 2.2.5 on win10.
my lazarus application crashes invoking setlength( soe_dinamic_array, len ) - rises exception access violation on $ffffffffffffffffffff adreess.
debuger cant traverse into it -  looks  have no debug info.

how to prepare RTL for debug in lazarus?

Martin_fr:
To debug the RTL, you will need to build FPC from sources.  But I don't think you need to debug the RTL.

Does the stack window (menu View > Debug Windows > Stack)  show the calling code?

If yes, select the calling code as "current" and check the value of the string/array passed to setlength. More important, check the "hidden pointer" of the string/array => add a watch "Pointer(my_array_var)"

Very likely this variable contains trash.

If you do not see entries in the stack window, go to Tools > Options > Debugger Backend
and change between FpDebug and GDB, and then try again.

(When done, change to FpDebug, which should be used by default)

alexraynepe196:
> Does the stack window (menu View > Debug Windows > Stack)  show the calling code?
i see calling code - and it is assembler. and no any sources attached on it

I wanna debug an RTL sources on my problem dynamic array

alexraynepe196:

--- Quote --- If yes, select the calling code as "current" and check the value of the string/array passed to setlength. More important, check the "hidden pointer" of the string/array => add a watch "Pointer(my_array_var)"

Very likely this variable contains trash.
--- End quote ---
i have Nil pointer, and setlength(var, 168) with it rises exception

alexraynepe196:
i overwrited memory by some prevous dinamic-array operation. and looks that corrupted heap-memory allocator structures

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version