Forum > General

"Configure Lazarus IDE"

<< < (3/4) > >>

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on November 09, 2022, 12:44:40 pm ---Feel free to add to the bugtracker.

--- End quote ---

There's already a three-year-old bug report for this.

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/35254

MarkMLl

BrunoK:
Does this thing (FPPKG) work at least in Linux ?

Does someone use it ?

In windows it is so riddled of error regarding places where the compiler is, the fpc source are etc... not giving any consideration to the lazarus options. Cryptic labels on the configuration + windows that opens nearly fully out of the screen.

Does someone use it ? Would it be justified to salvage it.

Please know all, remind some of us can read code, so ironic comments are not welcome.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote from: BrunoK on July 15, 2023, 07:28:56 pm ---Does this thing (FPPKG) work at least in Linux ?

Does someone use it ?

In windows it is so riddled of error regarding places where the compiler is, the fpc source are etc... not giving any consideration to the lazarus options. Cryptic labels on the configuration + windows that opens nearly fully out of the screen.

Does someone use it ? Would it be justified to salvage it.

--- End quote ---

I believe there are people who use it.

In any case, afaik Lazarus 3.0  does no longer have it in the setup dialog.
I am not sure if those who use it, now need to install a package, or if the IDE detects if there is a working version.

There are some packages distributed via fppkg. They can alternatively be downloaded, and depending on if they have an lpk file be used that way, or by adding paths.

wp:
I once bookmarked this documentation of fppkg: https://fppkg.cnoc.nl/documentation

TRon:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on November 09, 2022, 10:23:33 am ---If you move FPC, then (most likely) your fpc.cfg (which usually contains absolute paths) is broken.

--- End quote ---
Not most likely but /will/ be broken. By default it indeed uses absolute paths. You can fix that with supplying a custom config for fpmkcfg (though I'm note sure how to incorporate that into the existing build script).

But easier, and also let Lazarus always find your "FPC executable" is not to use the standard solution that relies on the path environment variable (and fpc(.exe)).

Instead, let your path point (that will be static) to something like a script directory which contain a shell script named fpc and let that invoke the commandline compiler (using the installed/moved path). Though it might be Lazarus picked up on the fpc symlink (pointing to the fpc script) that is located in the same script directory.

Besides that you can make a fpc.cfg file that makes use of an environment variable so that you are able to convert all absolute paths to relative paths (see also the remark about fpmkcfg).

fwiw I always wondered why it is not possible for fpc.cfg (or the compiler) to set a root directory which would then allow to use relative paths for the rest of the configuration file. On the other hand it is solvable with a environment variable but unfortunately for Windows users that requires admin rights (never understood that move from M$).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version