Forum > General

"Configure Lazarus IDE"

(1/4) > >>

SymbolicFrank:
If you move / build FPC / Lazarus, you get this dreaded dialog, with a lot of red exclamation marks, that I cannot resolve. Is there a manual?

Like, it asks you to select the location of a file, but when you do, it complains that there is another file it cannot find. And there is an option to build a new config file, which only works if you manage to get all the problems resolved.

The last few times, I managed to find a working config file somewhere, but no such luck this time.

I get that this is probably extremely simple if you know how it works, but I don't.

Martin_fr:
If you move FPC, then (most likely) your fpc.cfg (which usually contains absolute paths) is broken.
This file is not part of the dialog, Lazarus expects a working FPC.

Otherwise (most) of the dialog should be straight forward. If you installed a new FPC (and removed the old), then just find the paths/files requested.

"FPPKG" is the one item that (IMHO) is an issue. But it can be skipped too.
Create a file lazarus.cfg in your lazarus folder (next to lazarus.exe and startlazaru.exe) and put the following line in it (requires 2.3.0 / main branch):

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} -----skip-checks=Debbugger,Fppkg
Debugger, can be skipped, if you use FpDebug.

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Martin_fr on November 09, 2022, 10:23:33 am ---"FPPKG" is the one item that (IMHO) is an issue. But it can be skipped too.
Create a file lazarus.cfg in your lazarus folder (next to lazarus.exe and startlazaru.exe) and put the following line in it (requires 2.3.0 / main branch):

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} -----skip-checks=Debbugger,Fppkg
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that Martin, I've neither seen it documented nor seen it mentioned when various other people have been having problems.

Another way is to use an fppkg.cfg from an older version, I posted one (to get it into the record) at the link below.

https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,60994.msg457678.html

MarkMLl

SymbolicFrank:
Ok. It seems you need:

1. A bootstrap compiler with tools.
2. A working install.
3. A compiled repository.
4. 2 or more cfg files with stuff.

I cannot get it to work. Whatever. Fortunately, there's fpcupdeluxe.

rvk:

--- Quote from: SymbolicFrank on November 09, 2022, 09:54:53 am ---If you move / build FPC / Lazarus, you get this dreaded dialog, with a lot of red exclamation marks, that I cannot resolve. Is there a manual?

--- End quote ---
What I always do is on the first exclamation mark browse to the FPC directory, then the bin and select fpc.exe.
Then the second needs to be set to the FPC directory itself.
After that, the other options usually fall into place and you can press Start IDE.

I haven't found a method to create a default config after doing a complete clean install from trunk so I always get that dialog the first time I start afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version