Forum > Jobs

A few projects

(1/1)

mateli:
I have a few projects that I may be interested in hiring or paying a bounty for. Unfortunately there are as far as I know no bounty platform for fpc but anyone that is interested in getting any of this done is welcome to contact me. I am just going to write them down and see what responses I get.

FPC pCode compiler backend. Compile Pascal in an easy to use pCode that can be analyzed by tools for things like optimization or memory leak detection. This is not something like llvm but something more high level like the pCode generated by old pascal compiler as well as some similarity to Java Bytecode.

pVM. A virtual machine for running pCode that is as portable as possible, potentially with a lot of debugging tooling options.

pCode to C compiler. Compile pCode into C compatible with GCC and IAR. Targets like ARM and MSP430 is a priority for me. Such as the Raspberry Pi Pico which is a good reference platform.

ARM M-series libraries and tooling. This has to be broken down into smaller projects.

Raylib UI for raspberry PI (and other platforms). Create an UI that look and feel like the classic windows ui and preferably has a similar API. Long term this should be an LCL replacement but that is not as important as having a full set of nice looking widgets that uses a very minimal amount of resources.

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: mateli on November 06, 2022, 12:40:07 pm ---FPC pCode compiler backend. Compile Pascal in an easy to use pCode that can be analyzed by tools for things like optimization or memory leak detection. This is not something like llvm but something more high level like the pCode generated by old pascal compiler as well as some similarity to Java Bytecode.
--- End quote ---

This would require the creation of a new P-Code language, because the existing P-Code of the existing Pascal compilers is not capable enough for the features that FPC offers. You could just as well use FPC's LLVM backend.

--- Quote from: mateli on November 06, 2022, 12:40:07 pm ---pCode to C compiler. Compile pCode into C compatible with GCC and IAR. Targets like ARM and MSP430 is a priority for me. Such as the Raspberry Pi Pico which is a good reference platform.
--- End quote ---

FPC already supports ARM as well as the Raspberry Pi Pico. Support for the MSP430 could be added as well. On the contrary adding support for a P-Code backend and then a P-Code to C backend and then compiling that to the platform code is unnecessarily complicated and does not allow the source compiler to reach its full optimization potential.

--- Quote from: mateli on November 06, 2022, 12:40:07 pm ---ARM M-series libraries and tooling. This has to be broken down into smaller projects.
--- End quote ---

What do you mean here? There already is the Microcontroller Board Framework.

Chrilly:
I have done something similar by extending the VSPL programming language from Martin Richards. The intermediate VSPL-Code is translated to machine instructions of a special FPGA-Softcore I have developed for this purpose. I have developed also severall "little languages" in the past. I am very interested in this project and I think I have the necessary qualifications.

I am recently retired. Normally I would do this project just for fun (like the VSPL tool chain). But I have founded a charity-fund to support people who got into financial troubles due to the recent explosion of consumer prices and especiall energy. All the money I earn in future software projects will be devoted to this fund. So I will ask for money.
If you are still interested, please send me an email under c.donninger@wavenet.at

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version