Recent

Author Topic: Forum thought  (Read 2070 times)

Joanna

Re: Forum thought
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 12:37:59 am »
It’s always kind of disturbing when someone besides you edits what you posted. The forum is should be a place for each person to communicate their own thoughts and code.

New users might not know how to use the editing tools on the forums. I suggest a link to a tutorial on how to use the editing tools that can be accessed near where they are.

I still have no idea what many of the editing tools are for.

✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2022, 04:50:14 am »
The link can be found in the left panel on the forum. If you visit the forum using a mobile phone, the position will be different.

MarkMLl

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2022, 08:43:30 am »
It’s always kind of disturbing when someone besides you edits what you posted. The forum is should be a place for each person to communicate their own thoughts and code.

No, the place for "each person to communicate their own thoughts" is Hyde Park Corner or some other location where soapboxes are tolerated.

A forum is a place for responsible and semi-structured discourse for the benefit of the project and the community members. People can be reasonably expected to conform to presentation and conduct conventions, written or unwritten, and to not have to be told and corrected repeatedly.

And that includes not banging ones drum about the perceived advantages of some other medium at every opportunity.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

Thaddy

• Probably until I exterminate Putin.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2022, 10:08:25 am »
Moderators here may edit the header but they never edit content, except when they think it is warranted to completely remove it. (Spam, Rant, Explicatives) I have never seen moderators change content on this forum apart from removal or helpfully formatting code..
Specialize a type, not a var.

howardpc

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2022, 10:39:17 am »
.. Explicatives...
I think expletives was meant.

Joanna

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2022, 12:29:59 am »
No, the place for "each person to communicate their own thoughts" is Hyde Park Corner or some other location where soapboxes are tolerated.
Sorry I thought it would be obvious that I was referring to different styles People have of talking about how they program in pascal not trolls.

Thanks handoko I never knew about that tutorial. Most new people with a programming problem probably are probably frantic to solve the problem and don’t bother exploring the forum first.

Are there is no such thing as hints for webpage elements? It seems to create the code tags when language is selected I guess that’s ok.

How about giving new accounts a link to the tutorial when they signup as an automatic message maybe ?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 01:38:57 am by Joanna »
✨ 🙋🏻‍♀️ More Pascal enthusiasts are needed on IRC .. https://libera.chat/guides/ IRC.LIBERA.CHAT  Ports [6667 plaintext ] or [6697 secure] channel #fpc  Please private Message me if you have any questions or need assistance. 💁🏻‍♀️

TinyPortal © 2005-2018