Forum > Databases

[SOLVED] IBX 2.4.0 Error : Firebird Library not found in the path

(1/2) > >>

incendio:
Hi guys,

I have a TIBDatabase Object.
On Property Window I set FirebirdLibraryPath = fb3.dll.

When Connected Property set to True, Login Prompt appeared and after supplied correct username & password, Connection OK.

Connection also OK when tested via Database Editor by right clicked TIBDatabase object.

Problem is, when tried to run app, got that error.

This is the codes on TDatamodule to open database

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TDM.DataModuleCreate(Sender: TObject); begin    Dba.Close();    Dba.Open;end; 
But, the strange thing is, if I renamed fb3.dll to fbclient.dll, app runs OK.

Why? How to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

rvk:

--- Quote from: incendio on October 28, 2022, 03:59:13 am ---On Property Window I set FirebirdLibraryPath = fb3.dll.

--- End quote ---
fb3.dll isn't really a path, is it  ;D

Why would you want to use a different filename?
You would need some other dll's and files too.

Put all those (including fbclient.dll) in the directory of your choosing and set FirebirdLibraryPath pointing to that directory.

incendio:
Fb3.dll is the same location with exe file.

Even though I put complete path, it didn't work.

Only if the file name change to fbclient.dll, it will work even without full path.

rvk:

--- Quote from: incendio on October 28, 2022, 10:38:29 am ---Fb3.dll is the same location with exe file.

Even though I put complete path, it didn't work.

Only if the file name change to fbclient.dll, it will work even without full path.

--- End quote ---
It's all in the name: FirebirdLibraryPath
That's a path. Not a path and filename. And not just a filename.

So you can't specify Fb3.dll. You just need to specify the location of fbclient.dll.

Why would you want to rename that fbclient.dll anyway?

incendio:

--- Quote from: rvk on October 28, 2022, 11:33:28 am ---
--- Quote from: incendio on October 28, 2022, 10:38:29 am ---It's all in the name: FirebirdLibraryPath
That's a path. Not a path and filename. And not just a filename.

So you can't specify Fb3.dll. You just need to specify the location of fbclient.dll.

Why would you want to rename that fbclient.dll anyway?

--- End quote ---
Although the property looks like a path, I don't think it's just a path.
I choosed library path via object inspector in the IDE by clicked a button located right on the input box, and the value is Path & File name.

I want to rename it just to make sure that the app uses that library, not firebird library that installed in my computer. Plan to deploy the app to users that don't have firebird installed in their computer.

Btw, the database is remote database located in server.

There's another strange thing. The Fb3.dll used is a renamed fbclient.dll from Firebird 3.08, while on my computer, Firebird 3.10 installed.

If I renamed fbclient.dll from Firebird 3.10 to Fb3.dll, and used it, app worked OK.

Unfortunately I can't use Fb3.dll from Firebird 3.10 because there is another app that can only work OK with dll from Firebird 3.08.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version