Forum > Databases

heaptrc and sqlite

(1/2) > >>

ancamini:
hi, i have some problems using unit heaptrc with TSQLite3Connection and TSQLQuery.
i have written a console program thath uses messages and queues quite extensively and without saving messages in the db I have no leak.

When I save data into db I have leaks...records are ok into db, no error while saving... but when program terminates in trace.log i see leaking related to
db operations.
I have tried to create and open db in several ways...debugging step by step inserting and updating query.
All seems ok, but again on program termination i have log with a lot of block leak.

Could anyone put me on the right path to solve the problem?

Thanks for your time anyway

Carlo

Zvoni:

--- Quote from: ancamini on October 27, 2022, 02:52:47 pm ---hi, i have some problems using unit heaptrc with TSQLite3Connection and TSQLQuery.
i have written a console program thath uses messages and queues quite extensively and without saving messages in the db I have no leak.

When I save data into db I have leaks...records are ok into db, no error while saving... but when program terminates in trace.log i see leaking related to
db operations.
I have tried to create and open db in several ways...debugging step by step inserting and updating query.
All seems ok, but again on program termination i have log with a lot of block leak.

Could anyone put me on the right path to solve the problem?

Thanks for your time anyway

Carlo

--- End quote ---
I'm gazing into my crystal ball, but i don't see any code there, either....

ancamini:
Hi Zvoni...thank you for answering

I think it may be useful to attach the trace file. Perhaps for a more experienced person it can provide useful information.
I copied the routine, which is indicated in the log on line 263

Call trace for block $00007F8322912680 size 144
  $00000000004025F7  INITDBCONFIG,  line 263 of mainrack40.lpr
  $000000000040328B  DORUN,  line 471 of mainrack40.lpr
  $0000000000486B69

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---function THBConfigDb.OpenDb: boolean;begin  try    if not Assigned(Fcnx) then    begin      Fcnx := TSQLite3Connection.Create(nil);      Fcnx.Transaction := TSQLTransaction.Create(Fcnx);    end    else    if Fcnx.Connected then Fcnx.Close();     if not Assigned(Fquery) then    begin      Fquery := TSQLQuery.Create(nil);      Fquery.SQLConnection := Fcnx;    end    else if Fquery.Active then Fquery.Close;     Fcnx.DatabaseName := FdirDb + FdbName;    Fcnx.Open;    Fcnx.Close();    Result := True;    FdbOk := True;  except    Result := False;    FdbOk := False;    resetQry;    resetCnx;  end;end;                                            
All the code is in a small class used to save messages read from 2 can bus channels.
Messages are pulled from a queue in the main program.

I can post all the code but maybe it's better if I put the one mentioned in the log.

Carlo

p.s.
sorry for my english but i got help from a translator

Zvoni:
When you exit/terminate your app, do you „Free“ (hint) the created objects (connection, transaction, query)?

Thaddy:
There are so many things wrong with that code that it makes it hard to debug. I miss a lot of try/finally and you make a lot of assumptions that the first line is always valid, which it isn't...

And heaptrc with the proper options (line info etc, and the sourcecode in place) would point you exactly to your leaks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version