Forum > General

what on Earth was I trying to do ? ( FOREACH )

(1/1)

lazer:
Hi,

I am porting something I wrote under TPW ( yeah, that means about 30y ago ! ) to Lazarus

I found a snip of code I can't make sense of . It looks like garbage but I'm pretty sure this is the final working code I used.

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure Tspellwin.showbits(flag:word);  procedure showbit(bit:Pwindowsobject); far;  begin    bit^.show(flag);  end;begin  foreach(@showbit);  if questool<>NIL then questool^.show(sw_hide);end; {showbits}

It's something about hiding/showing a a bunch of controls but I can't make sense of the use foreach.

Can anyone explain that syntax ?

TIA.

Fred vS:
https://engineertips.wordpress.com/2020/04/26/delphi-foreach/

ccrause:
Is Tspellwin perhaps derived from TCollection? It has a foreach method.

lazer:
thanks ccrause, that does seem to explain this zany syntax.

Tspellwin isn't but I'll have to check back on what it was before I ported the code. That does seem to explain what I did decades ago, I should be able to fix it now.

Many thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version