Forum > Linux

Install Lazarus 32bits on Ubuntu 22.04.1

(1/3) > >>

jraviles:
Hello everyone, I'm trying to install Lazarus 2.2.4 32bits via deb package Ubuntu 22.04.1 64 Bits, clean installation, when installing Lazarus it can't compile any project, even creating a new blank one, when trying to recompile the IDE it gives the error that it cannot find GCC, when trying to install GCC again via
sudo apt-get install manpages-dev, it removes Lazarus, and when installing the deb package, it removes Lazarus, the installation sequence I'm doing is fpc-src, fpc-laz, larazus-project.

How do I solve this riddle?

Thank you very much in advance.

MarkMLl:
I'm a Debian rather than an Ubuntu user, but does it have a package named like multiarch? I'd expect that to contain the basic libraries etc. that you needed, subsequent to that you /might/ need to specify an architecture when installing gdb etc.

MarkMLl

wp:

--- Quote from: jraviles on October 05, 2022, 03:15:11 pm ---the installation sequence I'm doing is fpc-src, fpc-laz, larazus-project.

--- End quote ---
I don't know which consequence this has, but I think the order is: fpc-laz first, then fpc-src, finally lazarus-project (fpc-src and fpc-laz exchanged).

Fred vS:
Hello.

Are you sure multi-arch is installed, like Mark noted?

On Debian system, like Ubuntu or Mint just do in console:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386then

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---sudo apt-get update
And then install the fpc-Lazarus i386 deb-packages in right order.

Fred vS:

--- Quote from: jraviles on October 05, 2022, 03:15:11 pm --- when trying to recompile the IDE it gives the error that it cannot find GCC,

--- End quote ---

When you have installed multi-arch (see previous post), if you have such message, you must install the correspondent i386 package:

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---sudo apt-get install -y gcc:i386

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version