Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus stops excecution  (Read 518 times)

big_M

Lazarus stops excecution
« on: October 11, 2022, 03:30:22 pm »
Hi.
I have a little problem here. Lazarus pauses the execution of my program as if I had put a break point, but there is none. What is even more weird is it happens at a fixed line number 1046, regardless of what's the content of that line. If I add more lines of code before that it still breaks at line 1046. I can continue the program, but if that line is in a loop it will again stop here. No message of any kind is shown.

Is there is an option that I have activated unknowingly to break at a fixed line? It feels more like a bug though, because it doesn't happen every time. It behaves the same though on two PC's, with Lazarus 2.2.2 and 2.2.4 on Linux 64bit.

So, unless this is a quirky feature (nothing indicates it should stop there) I will open a bug report.

jamie

Re: Lazarus stops excecution
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 03:35:18 pm »
Go into view debug break points. Delete them
This happens at times
The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing

big_M

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2022, 03:48:17 pm »
Oh, perfect, thanks jamie!

There was indeed a break point that was not visible. It points to a different unit path though (Same unit at an outdated path)

MarkMLl

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 04:53:15 pm »
Go into view debug break points. Delete them
This happens at times

Yes, I second that. Easy once one knows what to look out for.

A somewhat more irritating problem is that, at least with GTK2 on a KDE desktop, it's possible to lock absolutely everything up by setting a breakpoint in an inappropriate place (typically, a menu event handler etc.). When that happens the only recourse is to <Ctrl><Alt><F1>, login as root, and kill the app being tested.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

TinyPortal © 2005-2018