Forum > LCL

QT TTaskDialog musings

<< < (3/3)

Arioch:

--- Quote from: wp on September 21, 2022, 11:55:58 am ---displayed with such flaws in some configurations

--- End quote ---

Make "white on white and nothing but white" coolour theme - and ALL the windows would be "rendered with flaws"

Like i said, Microsoft reported to it by de facto prohibiting theming.
I speculate Mac OS makes similar restrictions, and Microsoft is just copying their approach.
Either you want things beautiful or customizable.
If you give user ways to customize - those can be abused to "rendering with flaws".

----

I asked zamtmn to see other "standard" colours, starting with "hyperlink" ones.
And choose a colour that remains readable in MOST themes (it is never "all" but "most")

There can be one ugly approach though, heuristics. You calculate brightness of the colours, background and font. If the brightness is too close, you fallback font colour to all-black or all-white, oppositing the background.  But in the sense it is the same: you deny user their right at customizations, just on some ad hoc conditions, not always.

Arioch:

--- Quote from: wp on September 21, 2022, 12:11:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: Arioch on September 21, 2022, 12:05:03 pm ---Okay... To me the colour, chosen for Windows TaskDialog bit title (and CommandButtons' big captions too)is very close (a bit darker) to hyperlink colours (clHyperlink ?)

--- End quote ---
clHyperlink? Never seen this one, at least it does not exist in the graphics unit.

--- End quote ---

It exists in "Windows old" colors GUI, i think it was added in Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 - somewhere between Win95 and Win98, not sure.
....made some test, in Delphi that seems to be named clHotlight (and not clHighlight which is something yet different), those exist in LCL too,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version