<< < (2/3) > >>

winni:
hi!

Have a look of this property of the form:

ShowInTaskbar = stNever | stAllways | stDefault

OK?

Winni

KodeZwerg:
MainForm Icon will, if at all, displayed when you run an application.
Shell Icon will be loaded from OS within Resource Section of Executable ("MainIcon") and has absolute nothing to do with Forms, at least that's how it works on Windows.
I apology if my statement does not match for other OS.

winni:

--- Quote from: KodeZwerg on September 15, 2022, 07:54:38 pm ---MainForm Icon will, if at all, displayed when you run an application.
Shell Icon will be loaded from OS within Resource Section of Executable ("MainIcon") and has absolute nothing to do with Forms, at least that's how it works on Windows.
I apology if my statement does not match for other OS.

--- End quote ---

Hi!

Windows exe-files have an icon by default.
Linux executables don't have that.

It was a hard road to implement that in Linux.
I think it was around Lazarus version 1.0
Try to find some ancient discussion.

Winni

KodeZwerg:

--- Quote from: winni on September 15, 2022, 08:20:39 pm ---Windows exe-files have an icon by default.
--- End quote ---
Hello Winni, sorry if i sound like i want to fight, that is not my intention, but i do full disagree to above statement.
When you do not include either by project options or with a selfmade ".res", thats a compiled resource file that be linked into .exe resource section, a "MainIcon"-Entry, than Windows will take its default Icon for executable files.
For Graphical applications Lazarus add its blue-looking fist symbol, yes, but that does not mean that it is a must to use it  O:-)

I added the 3 different windows icons that are not included in .exe, they come from a shell resource dll.

KodeZwerg:
And thank you Winni for updating me about how Linux works with Icon/Symbol/Glyph however it is called there  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version