Forum > LCL

How to show form w/out focusing it?

<< < (3/3)

KodeZwerg:
In my small test (one form with a button and one empty form, both created via lpr) no flicker, no taskbar change, no nothing.
It does exact do what the OP was asking for, anyway, good luck.

Arioch:

--- Quote from: KodeZwerg on September 26, 2022, 05:36:08 pm ---In my small test (one form with a button and one empty form, both created via lpr) no flicker, no taskbar change, no nothing.
It does exact do what the OP was asking for, anyway, good luck.

--- End quote ---

Maybe you have windows animaitons turned off, or maybe something else.

I was checking on a live project (forms from DFM, created on demand, not very complex but having grid and paintbox) on Windows 7 default theme and visuals - and the flicker is noticeable.

If i turn Aero off - the animations are much shorter and the flicker gets much faster and really hard to notice. It is annoying, but you rarely sure if you saw it or not.

If i additionally go System Properties - performance - visuals and turn all the visual effects off, then without animations the flicker becomes unnoticeable indeed. It is complete before human eyes can notice it. But few run Windows with bare bones visuals today...

KodeZwerg:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);var  s : string;  FHintRect: TRect;  FHintWin: THintWindow;begin   FHintWin := THintWindow.Create(Self);   try     s := 'This is a test!'+sLineBreak+'Line #2';     FHintRect := FHintWin.CalcHintRect(200, s, nil);     FHintWin.ActivateHint(FHintRect, s);     FHintWin.Refresh;   finally     // FHintWin.ReleaseHandle;   end;end;Than the only thing that i do know of, is a hintwindow, it can not be focused and just display by default text.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version