Forum > Linux

install fail Lazarus 2.2.2, ubuntu 24.x, 20.x

<< < (2/5) > >>

RonQ:
... made a new install of Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS on erased hard drive.
... used 'software' app to locate and install Lazarus 2.2.0 ...
... install ended OK.
... found Lazarus in the app panel/screen, it showed location of the Lazarus, but NO icon
... clicked on it anyway ...
... got error:
file:///home/ronq/Pictures/Screenshots/Screenshot%20from%202022-08-20%2011-26-18.png

tetrastes:
The installation of Lazarus in Ubuntu 22.04 Software is broken (it installs only lazarus-ide package, not the whole lazarus).
Use Synaptic to install lazarus package or

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---sudo apt install lazarus

RonQ:
... installs (but missing support modules).
... on minimum test project - on first 'build' ... complaint of : 'missing Compiler', it suggests Dwarf2 ;
accepted.
....  we find "missing Classes" . In Lazarus Units, we need (but fail to find), in the Uses Statement:
Forms, and also Classes..
What gives?

RonQ:
edit: sorry I miss-spoke: classes make it: GRAPHICS ....
Forms, Graphics   ... not found....

Handoko:

--- Quote from: RonQ on August 20, 2022, 07:15:21 pm ---... used 'software' app to locate and install Lazarus 2.2.0 ...

--- End quote ---

Don't use that.

The easiest Lazarus installation on Ubuntu is manually download and install the 3 deb files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version