Forum > Lazarus Extra Components

Using vector graphics in FPReport

(1/3) > >>

Pique7:
Hello, I have the ambitious aim to insert a vector graphic (WMF, EMF, EPS, SVG, PDF, ...) into a TFPReport.
The print quality should be very good, as well as the export to a PDF file.
What approach do you suggest?
Thanks in advance!

Handoko:
Hello Pique7,
Welcome to the forum.

In the link below, you can find a list of available graphics libraries for use in Lazarus:
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Graphics_libraries

I can't tell you which one is suitable for your case, I haven't tried them.

Pique7:

--- Quote from: Handoko on August 13, 2022, 06:15:36 pm ---Hello Pique7,
Welcome to the forum.

--- End quote ---
Thank you.

--- Quote from: Handoko on August 13, 2022, 06:15:36 pm ---In the link below, you can find a list of available graphics libraries for use in Lazarus:
https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Graphics_libraries

I can't tell you which one is suitable for your case, I haven't tried them.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately none of the mentioned libraries (at least as far as I can judge) is able to fulfill the task(s) out of the box. BGRABitmap might be qualified for it.

In the meantime the cairocanvas package crossed my way. Actually I was looking for something like this, but it needs all these external libraries/DLLs.

BobDog:

Only one dll needed for cairo.
Two at most for cairo to freepascal, you'll need a working graphics screen also.
I'll put something together.

Pique7:

--- Quote from: BobDog on August 14, 2022, 07:01:09 pm ---Only one dll needed for cairo.

--- End quote ---
OK. I just tried to run the example program in the cairocanvas folder. It depends on 15 to 20 DLLs (listed in the README file). I don't know which of them are really neccessary for my case.
Actually I want to ...

* ... load a vector graphic image from a file,
* ... insert it into a PDF
* ... and print it out (on a real printer).

--- Quote from: BobDog on August 14, 2022, 07:01:09 pm ---you'll need a working graphics screen also.

--- End quote ---
The final application is intented to be a "normal" desktop GUI program, running under MS Windows (64-bit), maybe also Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version