Forum > Other

Error building fpGUI

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fred vS:

--- Quote from: jules.d on August 07, 2022, 08:36:48 pm ---Thanks for the input guys. So I've compiled the libraries and also the corelib and gui programs in the examples folder, but the build failed in the apps folder with the following error message :
Doing docedit in ./docedit
./compileall.sh: 9: cd: can't cd to ./docedit

--- End quote ---

Indeed, I just try it and script fails trying to enter /docedit directory.  %)
Very strange, so I did Cut that directory and then all other examples compile ok.
Dont forget to add the /fpGUI/src/extrafpc.cfg file into /fpGUI/examples/apps/

--- Quote from: jules.d on August 07, 2022, 08:36:48 pm ---How do I build the uidesigner?

--- End quote ---

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---> cd /directory_of/fpGUI/uidesigner > fpc @extrafpc.cfg uidesigner.lpr
You may also use the "extended" version of fpGUI designer.
https://github.com/fredvs/uidesigner_ext/releases

--- Quote from: jules.d on August 07, 2022, 08:36:48 pm ---I notice that some of the files in the uidesigner folder have .lpi and .lpr extensions. Does this mean that I need lazarus to compile it?

--- End quote ---

No, you dont need Lazarus to compile fpGUI projects but using a IDE like Lazarus (and his lpi file) will be a great help for debugging.

(You may also use the ṕrj files with the IDE MSEide or ideU).

Fre;D

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: jules.d on August 07, 2022, 08:36:48 pm ---Doing docedit in ./docedit
./compileall.sh: 9: cd: can't cd to ./docedit
Doing hexview in ./hexviewer

--- End quote ---

Do those directories already exist anywhere? It might be that you need to create them manually, or that you're starting off in the wrong directory ("you won't get there from here").

--- Quote ---How do I build the uidesigner? I assume this is a kind of visual designer which lets you drag and drop gui elements, like lazarus. The documentation is pretty sketchy. There's a tutorial in docs/quick_guide but the file has a strange extension (.ipf) and it's not easy to read.

I notice that some of the files in the uidesigner folder have .lpi and .lpr extensions. Does this mean that I need lazarus to compile it?

--- End quote ---

.ipf: I've got a sketchy recollection that Graeme was an OS/2 fan, and that's an OS/2 helpfile format.

You're correct in associating .lpi with Lazarus: that's a Project Information file and either the Lazarus IDE or the lazbuild program should be able to handle it...

--- Quote ---Like I said, I'm new to Free pascal and the last time I did any programming was in 1998, in Turbo pascal, so I'm probably getting ahead of myself, although I've written a few terminal programs in the last few days and looked at the documentation, which I'm finding a bit overwhelming.

Sorry to be so clueless.  :-[

--- End quote ---

...however, allowing for how much grief that stuff is giving you you might be better off starting off with Lazarus, which (I can assure you) is a fairly decent IDE.

I think you said you'd already got FPC 3.2.2, in which case I suggest you build Lazarus from source using e.g. https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/latest/download : there's known issues with some distreaux's packaging.

MarkMLl

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Fred vS on August 07, 2022, 09:43:38 pm ---Indeed, I just try it and script fails trying to enter /docedit directory.  %)

--- End quote ---

Fred, I suggest you either bring the SF repo up to date, or tell people where to get the live version.

MarkMLl

Fred vS:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on August 07, 2022, 09:56:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: Fred vS on August 07, 2022, 09:43:38 pm ---Indeed, I just try it and script fails trying to enter /docedit directory.  %)

--- End quote ---

Fred, I suggest you either bring the SF repo up to date, or tell people where to get the live version.

MarkMLl

--- End quote ---

Hello Mark.

I am not maintainer of fpGUI and Graeme seems very busy, many pull-request are waiting on fpGUI-GitHub...

:-[

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: Fred vS on August 07, 2022, 10:10:55 pm ---I am not maintainer of fpGUI and Graeme seems very busy, many pull-request are waiting on fpGUI-GitHub...

--- End quote ---

In that case I suggest keeping your head /well/ below the parapet.

Seems like a case of githubris to me...

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version