Recent

Author Topic: FPCupdeluxe on Pi 400  (Read 1973 times)

MarkMLl

Re: FPCupdeluxe on Pi 400
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 11:02:21 pm »
As there shouldn't be as aside from the form factor and the internal use of one of the USB ports for the keyboard the RPi400 is an RPi4 (we tested that at work for our own operating system). So if you say that fpcupdeluxe is working without problems on RPi4 then Ruptor has simply done something wrong or had wrong assumptions and it would be nice to know what these were, because maybe something either needs to be cleared or there is indeed some bug with some specific hardware configuration.

Did you test it with Bullseye?

Apart from that he might have selected the wrong target, but I think by now he appreciates that that was ill-advised so let's brush it under the carpet.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 11:26:09 pm »
As there shouldn't be as aside from the form factor and the internal use of one of the USB ports for the keyboard the RPi400 is an RPi4 (we tested that at work for our own operating system). So if you say that fpcupdeluxe is working without problems on RPi4 then Ruptor has simply done something wrong or had wrong assumptions and it would be nice to know what these were, because maybe something either needs to be cleared or there is indeed some bug with some specific hardware configuration.

Did you test it with Bullseye?

You did read the part about for our own operating system? No Debian or even Linux involved there at all, so I know the hardware capabilities - at least in so far relevant for running an ordinary operating system - rather well ;)

Ruptor

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 04:51:56 pm »
If you can give me remote access(VNC, SSH) to this RPi system, I might be able to have a look and give it a try.
I didn't want to waste expert time on a problem that I thought was probably my finger trouble. What do you suggest to run FPCupdeluxe on a 64 bit arm platform given the following?
To recap and confirm, my Pi400 was shipped with a 32 bit OS that ran fpcupdeluxe-arm-linux but gave errors for missing packages. When I downloaded the latest RPiOS it loaded as 64 bit and fpcupdeluxe-arm-linux as expected wouldn't run but At that point I didn't realise the RPiOS had changed word size. Having some time this morning between looking after my mum 24/7 in her 1 bedroom flat amongst the medical equipment I checked the new RPiOS as suggested.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. /bin/dmesg: ELF 64-bit LSB pie executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked,
  2.  interpreter /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1,
  3. BuildID[sha1]=30049d6b3eae41a41b4f08f206d80b7ee42afdac, for GNU/Linux 3.7.0, stripped
Reading this
AARCH64-Linux IS supported by fpcupdeluxe. No problems there, I think, but I have only RPI4's, not a 400.
I downloaded fpcupdeluxe-aarch64-linux to see if it would run and it did for over 40 minutes then gave this error followed by others obviously.
Code: Pascal  [Select][+][-]
  1. gcc: error: unrecognized command-line option ‘-m64’
At least I have kicked the can further down the road. :)

MarkMLl

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2022, 05:47:42 pm »
At least I have kicked the can further down the road. :)

Yes, and we're still all talking to each other which is the /really/ important thing :-)

I'm not the best person to comment so please take this as speculation, but one possibility is that the build process assumed that all development packages had been installed so was barfing because something like build-essential or libgtk2.0-dev was missing.

MarkMLl
MT+86 & Turbo Pascal v1 on CCP/M-86, multitasking with LAN & graphics in 128Kb.
Pet hate: people who boast about the size and sophistication of their computer.
GitHub repositories: https://github.com/MarkMLl?tab=repositories

TinyPortal © 2005-2018