Recent

Author Topic: Outstanding Mac specific issues are not assigned and not solved  (Read 2287 times)

han

I have three outstanding MacOS issues. See below. The oldest is from two years ago. I understand everybody is (very) busy and this is a volunteer project, but are these issues not forgotten? There are still no assignees. Are the developers aware and when can progress be expected?

Thanks,
Han

Listview smallimages are not displayed.
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/39193 

ScrollCode=scEndScroll does not appears at the end of scroll
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/37454

Listview event OnCustomDrawItem is never triggered/fired in Mac, widget Cocoa
https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/lazarus/lazarus/-/issues/39500   

Wallaby

Re: Outstanding Mac specific issues are not assigned and not solved
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 12:40:28 pm »
I ended up using VirtualTreeView on both macOS and Windows (cross platform apps) and it's way more powerful with nearly identical behaviour on all platforms.

There were too many issues with TListView on macOS, which is understandable since the underlying macOS system control is a architecturally different to Windows one.

You can see how it's used in Online Package Manager in Lazarus.

han

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 07:42:22 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I had a quick look to Virtualtreeview advanced demo. Looks powerful but at the moment Listview is well integrated in my program and replacing it will be a long and difficult exercise. Listview does multiplatform everything I need except the missing icons in cocoa. For a new program an alternative could be considered.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 08:00:35 pm »
Listview smallimages are not displayed.

I don't work on Mac... But checking in the OI: SmallImages is listed as restricted for Mac and Qt.

That means, it's known not to work, and it's unknown if it can (or will) be implemented.

Please keep in mind that not all team members are visiting the forum. You can additionally try to get feedback on the mail list.
However seen that the issues were "updated" (pinged) last month, it seems that no one with sufficient knowledge has enough time right now.

han

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 11:52:42 am »
Thanks for the inside knowledge. Then I will extend my current Mac solution by displaying unicode characters as a substitute for the missing icons and no longer wait for a fix.

han

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 06:07:40 pm »
Unicode characters instead of small icons in Tlistview works pretty good for me. :) See attached screenshot. The only problem is the limited choice of characters.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018