Recent

Author Topic: BP preformed ilegal operation  (Read 2037 times)

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: BP preformed ilegal operation
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 11:52:18 am »
The only thing BP suffers, as you say, is the "Runtime Error 200: Divide by zero" problem with processors above 200Mhz (happens at the start of any program which uses CRT unit).
And that can easily be patched (as I have done in the mid '90).

But yes, if you currently still develop in BP you might as well convert to FPC.

Well, and the need for a 32-bit windows of course.

rvk

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2022, 12:34:13 pm »
Well, and the need for a 32-bit windows of course.
Yes, up until Windows 10 there was a 32 bit version of Windows. But not anymore for Windows 11.

So when those customers want to upgrade Windows or PC, they'll need to go to vDos or something.
And in BP on 32 bit Windows I had PDF creation, E-Mail, copy/paste to Windows and Windows-printers support build in, which they will lose in vDos. Only option then would be a VM for them.

But they can always upgrade to the Windows version of the program (which for some reason, read a few €, they never did)  :D

PascalDragon

• Compiler Developer
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 11:02:41 pm »
I feel good that you've found it BUT if you want support from this community please use the FPC compiler.

We /can't/ support Borland Pascal: it's absolutely nothing to do with us and nobody here has the compiler etc. sources.

We /do/ support the Free Pascal compiler and Lazarus IDE, and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the number of target systems etc.

MarkMLl
FPC has a 16bit compiler?

Yes, since 3.0.0 and for i8086-msdos in TP mode it's even highly compatible to Turbo Pascal (and mostly Borland Pascal as well which seems to have some slight differences based on some past discussion).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018