Forum > General

BP preformed ilegal operation

<< < (2/4) > >>

dseligo:
Do you divide something by time in your program?
Maybe you are calculating something with time, and at midnight reset time to 0 and then divide it by that.

Why don't you try to compile your program in Free Pascal?

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: jws338 on August 03, 2022, 01:42:02 pm ---I have tried running the program using the IDE and the error exited the IDE. Usually running a program
using the IDE program it will stop at the line in the program that caused the error.

--- End quote ---

/Which/ IDE: Free Pascal (FPC) or Borland? If FPC, what version?

MarkMLl

jws338:
 8) ::)I use the BP IDE. PROBLEM FIXED. The problem was a file that I write every night at 11:59 with totals for the day. Then file is read and stored in memory and It hast to be cleaned out every year. If I do not clean out the 5 files I write to once a year I will overload the memory and write sone garbage in the file. The next time I try and read that file it will and did crash.
Thanks John

MarkMLl:
I feel good that you've found it BUT if you want support from this community please use the FPC compiler.

We /can't/ support Borland Pascal: it's absolutely nothing to do with us and nobody here has the compiler etc. sources.

We /do/ support the Free Pascal compiler and Lazarus IDE, and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the number of target systems etc.

MarkMLl

HeavyUser:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on August 06, 2022, 11:26:56 pm ---I feel good that you've found it BUT if you want support from this community please use the FPC compiler.

We /can't/ support Borland Pascal: it's absolutely nothing to do with us and nobody here has the compiler etc. sources.

We /do/ support the Free Pascal compiler and Lazarus IDE, and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised at the number of target systems etc.

MarkMLl

--- End quote ---
FPC has a 16bit compiler?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version