Forum > RichMemo

[solved] RichMemo and CHARFORMAT2 - highlight text

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nicole:
I tried both CHARFORMAT2 and CHARFORMAT2A.
My Lazarus is 2.2.2 and the RichMemo I got over the online tool for Lazarus.

You wrote "RichEdit" instead of RichMemo. This was just a typo? Or do you have lzRichMemo as well?
This may be the difference.

rvk:

--- Quote from: Nicole on August 03, 2022, 11:58:36 am ---You wrote "RichEdit" instead of RichMemo. This was just a typo?

--- End quote ---
NO NO. I really meant RichEdit. That's unit in base FPC.

I really copied and pasted my code so when I copy and paste something I really can't make any typos  ;)

So just add RichEdit to the uses (like I tried to say already) and you can use CHARFORMAT2 just fine  :D

BTW. RichMemo also uses RichEdit internally (in the source) for these structures from the base RichEdit.

Nicole:
Thank you for the clearification.

As I came from Delphi I used RichEdit quite often. So I searched a while for it. I only found lzRichEdit, of which was said, it would give some troubles. And RichMemo.

I just rechecked the Online Packet Manager and there is no RichEdit.
Where do you have RichEdit from?

And: Are there other advantages but bringing this highlight Var to work?
Because it would rather need a lot of work to change my new RichMemos to a new RichEdit again.

rvk:

--- Quote from: Nicole on August 03, 2022, 01:13:15 pm ---I just rechecked the Online Packet Manager and there is no RichEdit.
Where do you have RichEdit from?
--- End quote ---
As I stated multiple times... the RichEdit.pp is part of the standard installation.
You don't need to install anything for it.
Just add RichEdit to your uses and your done.

--- Quote from: rvk on August 03, 2022, 12:02:40 pm ---NO NO. I really meant RichEdit. That's unit in base FPC.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nicole on August 03, 2022, 01:13:15 pm ---And: Are there other advantages but bringing this highlight Var to work?
Because it would rather need a lot of work to change my new RichMemos to a new RichEdit again.

--- End quote ---
As said... the RichEdit.pp is just a helper unit. It does NOT contain any components and there is no install needed.
You just keep on using RichMemo.

RichMemo also uses RichEdit.pp internally. Again, it's just a helper unit you can add to your uses to make use of CHARFORMAT2.

Nicole:
Please one more times for stupid.
I cannot find it.
I attach a screenshot, how I searched.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version