Recent

Author Topic: LAMW Rename AndroidModule1  (Read 713 times)

HotShoe

LAMW Rename AndroidModule1
« on: July 21, 2022, 09:30:39 pm »
I asked this a couple of years ago but got no reply, and I just chalked it up to the project still being young. I have come back to LAMW because I think it is very interesting and useful.

When creating a new project, my habit is to name the main unit as Main, and the main form as MainFrm. I have done this for about 40 years with no issues. Using LAMW however, I cannot rename my forms? If I do, the project will no longer compile and at load time will report all kinds of errors of objects not found. It does this only after after you rename AndroidModule to something else and then close lazarus.

The next time you open laz, it will complain about all of the things it cannot find. I have gone through all of the project files and compared with a working project and the only structural difference is the name of AndroidModule.

Is there a reason for this anomaly? I use the same naming convention in eclipse or android studio, so it is not some java requirement. I can work around it, but it bites me almost every time I create a new module. Then I have to go through the .lfm and .pas files and change them by hand to get the project to load once more.

Thanks,
--- Jem

rsu333

Re: LAMW Rename AndroidModule1
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2022, 03:05:40 pm »
Instead of rename it better way you can create another new project of desired name and import Lamw file [tools>>.. [LAMW]android module wizard>>..use/Import LAMW stuff ]  from your favorite project. 

HotShoe

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2022, 09:07:16 pm »
then I would have 2 AndroidModule1's instead of just 1.  :D

Thanks,
--- Jem

rsu333

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 02:56:57 pm »
You can use one  as you like
Thanks

TinyPortal © 2005-2018