Forum > IDE/CodeTools

IDE - Make it visible by the save-icon if the code is saved

(1/3) > >>

Nicole:
It would be nice, to have a red disk-save-icon, if the text of my code has changed.
And a black or grey, - if not.
So I see at any moment, if the code will be lost on my next crash.

Would be great to have this by the "save all" icon as well.
Not sure if "all" files of a code to watch, slows the IDE down. Somebody wiser will know it.

If somebody likes the idea, thank you in advance.

Handoko:

--- Quote from: Nicole on July 21, 2022, 06:55:29 pm ---... have a red disk-save-icon, if the text of my code has changed.

--- End quote ---

Isn't it already implemented? See the attached animation below.
But if you have better icons, you can submit them to the developer or at least you can change it yourself, the source code of Lazarus IDE is included by default and can be modified and rebuild.

--- Quote from: Nicole on July 21, 2022, 06:55:29 pm ---So I see at any moment, if the code will be lost on my next crash.

--- End quote ---

Did you mean your IDE crash when you try to run your code? I'm not sure about your installation, but on mine the modified source code will be saved automatically every time I run it from the IDE.

Martin_fr:
See Handoko's reply... Icons should already indicate the state. And the Title in the source edtors tabs also has an indicator (unless you have so many tabs, that they are scrolled out)

And you can see Yellow parts in the gutter on the right => they become green once saved.

--- Quote from: Nicole on July 21, 2022, 06:55:29 pm ---So I see at any moment, if the code will be lost on my next crash.
--- End quote ---

What exactly crashes? If your app crashes, there should be no code lost.

If the IDE crashes... Well that should not happen. So you should report that. Though you need some details for the report, otherwise no one can tell why it crashed. I.e steps to reproduce. Or a stack trace (there is a --debug-log=file command line option, but there are some reports that it may not work...)

I can't remember when the IDE crashed the last time on my system. And I use it daily.
(That excludes cases where I changed the source myself, and made a mistake, but I guess you don't actually make changes to the IDE source code)

Nicole:
ah!
They have.
Now, as I starred on it, I saw turning them red.
Thanks.

Nicole:

--- Quote from: Nicole on July 21, 2022, 06:55:29 pm ---It would be nice, to have a red disk-save-icon, if the text of my code has changed.

Not sure if "all" files of a code to watch, slows the IDE down. Somebody wiser will know it.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nicole on July 21, 2022, 06:55:29 pm ---It would be nice, to have a red disk-save-icon, if the text of my code has changed.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version