Forum > Packages and Libraries

[solved] tvPlanit - how to create an event by code? - Troubelshooting

(1/1)

Nicole:
I took the code below out of the example which says "add a random date to the monthview".
I tried to do the same trick by using just an ordinary button.
My problem is the add line.
Called from the Month View it probalby "knows" something.
Called from a button out of th blue, it does not.
What I need is something like:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---"mydatastore.add(newEvent);"

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);const  cat = 0;var  t1, t2: TDateTime;  txt: String;begin  // Get random start time of the event on the selected day in the weekview  t1 := trunc(VpWeekView1.Date) + EncodeTime(random(23), Random(60), 0, 0);  // Get random end time of the event, event duration less than 1 hour.  t2 := t1 + EncodeTime(0, Random(60), 0, 0);  // Get event caption  txt := 'Event' + IntToStr(VpIniDatastore1.Resource.Schedule.EventCount);  // Add the event======>  AddEvent(t1, t2, txt, cat);end;

wp:
You must do the "AddEvent" in several steps (like in the TForm1.AddEvent method of the sample) - I know it's a bit counter-intuitive (it's not my code...):

* Call the AddEvent method of the resource's Schedule (which is a list of all events). This creates a blank new event
* Set the properties of this new event
* Mark the event as being "changed". Otherwise it will not be posted to the database in the next step.
* Finally post the event to the database working in the background: Datastore.PostEvents
--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TForm1.AddEvent(AStartTime, AEndTime: TDateTime;  ACaption: String; ACategory: Integer);var  event: TVpEvent;  id: Integer;begin  // Get the ID of the new event from the datastore  id := VpIniDataStore1.GetNextID('Events');  // Add the event...  event := VpIniDatastore1.Resource.Schedule.AddEvent(id, AStartTime, AEndTime);  // ... and specify some properties  event.Description := ACaption;  event.Category := ACategory;  event.Changed := true;  // Save the event in the datastore  VpIniDatastore1.PostEvents;end

Nicole:
I am afraid, I failed.
I tried this:

I called the method by this attempts:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---TvPlanItFrame.neuesEvent(now,now + 2,'loesch',0);
or this

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---TvPlanItFrame.neuesEvent(now,now,'test',1);  

the result is this:
[Window Title]
Fehler

[Content]
Projekt project_Notizen hat Exception-Klasse »External: SIGSEGV« ausgelöst.

In Datei 'source\vpdata.pas' in Zeile 1088:
if FSchedule = nil then

[Ok]

what was called is this method

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TTvPlanItFrame.neuesEvent(AStartTime, AEndTime: TDateTime;  ACaption: String; ACategory: Integer);var  event: TVpEvent;  id: Integer;begin  // Get the ID of the new event from the datastore  id := VpIniDataStore_Quelle.GetNextID('Events');//  id := self.VpIniDatastore_myLinkDazu.get.GetNextID('Events');  // Add the event...  event := VpIniDatastore_Quelle.Resource.Schedule.AddEvent(id, AStartTime, AEndTime);  // ... and specify some properties  event.Description := ACaption;  event.Category := ACategory;  event.Changed := true;  // Save the event in the datastore  VpIniDatastore_Quelle.PostEvents;end;  
the problem is said to be here
vpdate, line 1088

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---function TVpResource.GetSchedule: TVpSchedule;begin  if FSchedule = nil then    FSchedule := TVpSchedule.Create(self);  result := FSchedule;end;

wp:
What is VpIniDatastore_Quelle.Resource? When your application starts it does not automatically select an event. My sample codes contain a few lines to do this:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---// Load the last resource.procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);var  lastRes: TVpResource;  datastore: TVpCustomDatastore;begin  datastore := VpControlLink1.Datastore;  if datastore.Resources.Count > 0 then  begin    lastRes := datastore.Resources.Items[datastore.Resources.Count-1];    datastore.Resource := lastRes;  end;end;

Nicole:
Thank you so much, it worked at sudden.
I did not change anything in my code. I just created a new ressource and tried my "add" button again: worked at sudden.

What I like most "now - now"
"TvPlanItFrame.neuesEvent(now,now,'test',1); "

If somebody does not know the background, he will not understand my joy about "now-now" giving reasonable results. The first now is the start, the second now is the end of the event. If this is accepted, this means, I have not to mess around in "creating" an artificial end-date, in the case, I just have a start date, what is the rule, not the exception.

Now I am going to implement the smarter solution

" if datastore.Resources.Count > 0 then...."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version