Recent

Author Topic: Large/Big Integer Library in pure Pascal  (Read 9228 times)

ad1mt

• Mark Taylor's Home Page
Re: Large/Big Integer Library in pure Pascal
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2022, 08:00:56 pm »

I can maybe also provide some comments on capabilities of individual packages (if this is desired), as I took a look at each of them over time.

Regards,
MathMan
Can I suggest reviewing the FNX library. That was the best one that I found.

The problem with many libraries is that they do not provide good OO/class integration.
I was writing some code that used large numbers, then towards the end, I realised 64bits was not quite enough. I was able to use the FNX library very easily... by just changing the integer type, and most of the procedural code remained the same. Many of the libraries I looked at required convoluted code to use them, and hence needed a re-write of a lot of the code I had been working on.

regards, Mark.

MathMan

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2022, 02:00:54 pm »
@all - sorry for the incommunicado, but I'm currently on vacation with only sporadic access to Internet

@AlexTP - I'll provide more feedback on the remaining packages once back from vacation (end of August)

@SymbolicFrank - I intended to also provide a general summary from my perspective once I did all the packages individually. I'll also take a special look again wrt usability for encryption. But that is a broad topic in itself and requires a lot more, than general arbitrary precision arithmetics ...

@ad1mt - I will of course also take a look at FNX, but as stated before, my expertise is algorithms not OOP. I can see if a package comes with class wrapper and operator overloading (and I think I commented on that in my first two analysis), but I'm at a loss to judge versatility/portability of these.

fiscraliger

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2022, 10:57:56 pm »
Hello,

Does anybody know where one can download latest version of NX Numerics library from Ellipsa?
Of course I tried archive.org but NX section of Ellipsa webpage was blocking Archive.org crawler.

The only version I found in some dusty corner of Internet was an old version from 2003.

Help will be appreciated.

MathMan

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2022, 10:27:00 am »
Hello,

Does anybody know where one can download latest version of NX Numerics library from Ellipsa?
Of course I tried archive.org but NX section of Ellipsa webpage was blocking Archive.org crawler.

The only version I found in some dusty corner of Internet was an old version from 2003.

Help will be appreciated.

Hi - website https://www.ellipsa.eu/ states on April 24th 2011 that "The NX and CPG softwares are no more distributed.". No mention of releases for NX between 2003 & 2011 <= might well be that the version you have is the latest

If I understand correct, then FNX is the successor - latest release is FNX 0.9.5 of March 29th 2020. The author M. Martin posted at least once on this forum - maybe try contacting him directly?

ad1mt

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2023, 09:10:18 am »
I have released a first version of my Big Integer library for Free Pascal.
I've made the source code available on my web page here...

https://mark-taylor.me.uk/index.php?page=Software

and on my github page here...

https://github.com/ad1mt

I have added it the Free Pascal wiki big integer page here...

https://wiki.freepascal.org/BigInteger

This should be considered beta development code. There might be bugs waiting to be discovered.
Comments and criticism welcome.

ad1mt

« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2023, 09:45:52 pm »
I've just made version 4.32 available.
This has lots of big improvements and bug fixes.
If anyone tries it out, please let me know, especially if you have problems/criticisms.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018