Forum > General

Compiler intrinsic functions

(1/5) > >>

simone:
I know there are some compiler intrinsic functions, i.e. functions that can be used at compile time, such as length, default, sizeof, inc, dec.

Just for the sake of completeness, I wanted to know where this kind of functions are all listed and described. I have not found it. I apologize if I missed it. Thank you.

440bx:
There was a similar question a while back. 

You can find the discussion at : https://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,54525.msg405034.html#msg405034

but, as PascalDragon mentioned in that thread, the arithmetic operations were not documented at the time and, that may still be the case (I don't know either way.)

HTH.

simone:
Thanks for the reply. The compiler intrinsic functions are individually described in the official documentation, but I cannot find a list with all the functions of this type.

Unfortunately there are various important features, some recently implemented, which are not yet documented in the language reference guide, but only in the forum or in the user changes wiki for a given compiler version. The first example that comes to mind: generic free standing procedures / functions. No mention in the language reference guide.

Bi0T1N:

--- Quote from: simone on July 16, 2022, 08:33:07 pm ---Thanks for the reply. The compiler intrinsic functions are individually described in the official documentation, but I cannot find a list with all the functions of this type.

Unfortunately there are various important features, some recently implemented, which are not yet documented in the language reference guide, but only in the forum or in the user changes wiki for a given compiler version. The first example that comes to mind: generic free standing procedures / functions. No mention in the language reference guide.

--- End quote ---

Did you check the documentation that is generated on a daily basis or the general documentation which dates back to the last official release (3.2.2)?
As long as it is already described here it should be visible the next day here :)

simone:
I periodically consult the daily documentation. And I don't think there are, at the moment, some of the new language features present in the current (and most recent) release of compiler.

However, in principle, when the x.y.z version of the compiler is released and, at the same time, the language reference guide for the x.y.z version is published, I would expect it to be updated with the new features. In the daily documentation I expect to find the features implemented in the trunk version of the compiler.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version