Recent

Author Topic: IDE build as qt5 fails  (Read 898 times)

rossh_lz

IDE build as qt5 fails
« on: July 05, 2022, 01:15:40 pm »
Have version 2.2.2, and trying to build the IDE as QT5, but fail with nonsensical errors:

Error: /usr/bin/mkdir: cannot create directory '../units/x86_64-linux/qt5': Permission denied
make[1]: *** [Makefile:4657: ../units/x86_64-linux/qt5] Error 1
Error: make: *** [Makefile:3793: idepkg] Error 2

But dir  ~/.lazarus/units/x86_64-linux/qt5  is created by the IDE build with mode 775.  The IDE will happily build any of the GTk2 variants, but not with any other LCL specified.

Tried erasing  ~/.lazarus  for the OOBE, but no luck.

Have libqt5pas-dev and libqt5pas1 installed on Ubuntu 20.04.4.

How to see / compile the IDE with more insight to the actual fault cause?

rossh_lz

Re: IDE build as qt5 fails
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 01:03:44 pm »
Talking to myself here...   Found and fixed.  The error is that one of the many make files that rebuilds the IDE [$(MAKE) -C ide idepkg], this one checks for existence of /usr/share/lazarus/2.2.2/units/x86_64-linux/qt5/, but it's not there.  Once created, the scripts all run to completion, and correctly create all compiled units and bin file to the localized ~/.lazarus/*

Until the script is fixed, create the missing dir:  sudo mkdir  /usr/share/lazarus/<version-n>/units/x86_64-linux/qt5

dsiders

Re: IDE build as qt5 fails
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 06:46:54 pm »
Talking to myself here...   Found and fixed.  The error is that one of the many make files that rebuilds the IDE [$(MAKE) -C ide idepkg], this one checks for existence of /usr/share/lazarus/2.2.2/units/x86_64-linux/qt5/, but it's not there.  Once created, the scripts all run to completion, and correctly create all compiled units and bin file to the localized ~/.lazarus/*

Until the script is fixed, create the missing dir:  sudo mkdir  /usr/share/lazarus/<version-n>/units/x86_64-linux/qt5

This problems was fixed in 9e762cde89 for the main branch. I do not see it in the fixes branch... but that may be my lack of skills with Git.
Preview Lazarus 3.99 documentation at: https://dsiders.gitlab.io/lazdocsnext

TinyPortal © 2005-2018