Recent

Author Topic: app empty inside lazarus  (Read 847 times)

suibaf

app empty inside lazarus
« on: July 07, 2022, 11:32:06 am »
Hi,
I'm very newbie with lazarus, so sorry for my basic questions.
I need to do an app with d-logic rfid reader. So I download an example from d-logic website:

when I open the project (windows 10, lazarus 2.2.2) I don't se nothing, source, form etc! But if I run the project the app work fine. Please what necessary to do?

Here you can download the app.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ooafx11mjrshwnr/AACr99ou59zz2k6MGgmLdgfpa?dl=0

Thank you.

wp

Re: app empty inside lazarus
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 12:52:17 pm »
Seems that the project was saved in a way that the editor window was closed. To fix this, open the Project inspector (menu "Project"). In the tree list you see all the files belonging to the project. Double-click on one of the files listed under "Files", this will open the source editor windows and load that file. Or simply do a standard "File" > "Open" with a .pas file of the project.

BTW it is a good idea to keep the Project inspector open all the time (move it to the right so that it does not overlap with anything else) - it is an extremely efficient tool to open files or packages belonging to the project.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:49:11 pm by wp »

suibaf

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 03:06:04 pm »
wp thank you. Now is better, but I'n not able to see the form in grafic mode. If you re-download the project you can look.
BR

dseligo

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 03:15:27 pm »
Try this: go to menu Window -> Center a lost window -> uFR Simple

wp

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 03:35:15 pm »
A form consists of two parts in Lazarus (and in Delphi): a .pas file with the Pascal code, and an .lfm file with the streamed properties of the components on this form. Usually you do not see both on your monitor because the source editor overlaps the form in the form designer. Press F12 to toggle between both views.

If the form still is not seen it could be possible that the original developer of this project had two monitors and used the second one to design the form. As a consequence the Left property of this form is quite large, larger than what a single monitor can display usually. Therefore, you should keep dseligo's trick in mind how to "center a lost window".

suibaf

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 03:42:20 pm »
With out this forum for me is impossible to continue to learn lazarus. Thank you very much.
It's OK.
BR

wp

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 03:46:56 pm »
I hope you don't give up... I remember many years back when I did my first steps in Delphi, it was the same experience.

suibaf

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 04:22:22 pm »
I try!

TinyPortal © 2005-2018