Forum > General

Compiler: {$INCLUDE %DATE%} turns on IO Checking?

<< < (2/3) > >>

PascalDragon:

--- Quote from: AlanTheBeast on July 03, 2022, 12:11:53 am ---
--- Quote from: MarkMLl on July 02, 2022, 10:50:24 pm ---It does raise the interesting question about whether the state of any particular setting can be checked: ISTR that there is an IFOPT for some but not all, and $I is sufficiently overloaded that it could be problematic.

--- End quote ---

I personally wouldn't be offended if all pragmas were in long form only from some point in the compiler evolution. 
Force everyone to update their code too (or have a competition to write the best auto-fixer).

--- End quote ---

First of they aren't called pragmas, they're compiler directives (or simply directives).
Second new directives don't receive a single letter directive except where required by compatibility with other compilers.
Third existing directives will not be changed, except to fix bugs. Thus the overloading of $I will stay.

AlanTheBeast:

--- Quote from: PascalDragon on July 03, 2022, 02:25:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: AlanTheBeast on July 03, 2022, 12:11:53 am ---
--- Quote from: MarkMLl on July 02, 2022, 10:50:24 pm ---It does raise the interesting question about whether the state of any particular setting can be checked: ISTR that there is an IFOPT for some but not all, and $I is sufficiently overloaded that it could be problematic.

--- End quote ---

I personally wouldn't be offended if all pragmas were in long form only from some point in the compiler evolution. 
Force everyone to update their code too (or have a competition to write the best auto-fixer).

--- End quote ---

First of they aren't called pragmas, they're compiler directives (or simply directives).
Second new directives don't receive a single letter directive except where required by compatibility with other compilers.
Third existing directives will not be changed, except to fix bugs. Thus the overloading of $I will stay.

--- End quote ---

1. Pardon me.
2. Good and exceptional pity.
3. Pitier.

MarkMLl:
Frankly I have nothing against the use of /pragma/ in the context of ALGOL-derived languages, particularly in cases discussing multiple implementations and portability.

Provided, of course, that they are correctly pluralised as /pragmata/ :-)

MarkMLl

Thaddy:
πράγμα and it it is just shorthand.

MarkMLl:
It's Greek to me :-)

MarkMLl

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version