Forum > General

Cannot clean and Build - errors

(1/3) > >>

QEnnay:
Mint-MATE 20.3, Laz 2.2.2

Recently updated to 2.2.2 and getting some weird stuff (kept rolling back to previous code) when compiling so tried "Clean and build."

I am getting the following error and whole list of files that need deleted with "sudo" access.

--- Quote ---Unable to delete file "/usr/share/lazarus/2.2.2/components/buildintf/units/x86_64-linux/BuildIntf.compiled".

--- End quote ---

How do I fix this?

Do I need to manually do it?

Thanks

MarkMLl:
Just to get the ball rolling (a) where or how did you get that Lazarus and (b) what does an ls -l show you on that file?

Are you actually trying to build a project of your own or rebuild the IDE?

MarkMLl

Martin_fr:
Well, who owns the  file, what are the access rights?

If that is the only issue, and if there is no hidden other issue => just delete the entire folder

--- Code: Bash  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---rm -rf /usr/share/lazarus/2.2.2/components/buildintf/units

QEnnay:
Thanks to both of you for the quick replies. This was all working just fine with 2.0.12 with a project developed over the past year. No Permissions have been changed and only a single User (non-admin) in Mint-MATE.

This morning, without even trying yesterday's code, I decided to reinstate the entire project Folder from Thursday's backup. When I compiled and ran, it presented a login option that I had added yesterday. It should not even have know about that.

I then tried a Build of project (using Thursday's backup code) but it still drew on yesterday's code. That's why I tried the Clean and Build option, crashed, then came here with the error.

I had looked in the /usr/ ... folder but unsure just how deep to go before deleting but will bite the bullet and delete that /usr/.../units folder as suggested.

back soon. :)

QEnnay:
I give up. That would not compile anything after deleting that /usr/ ...2.2.2 ... /units folder.

I have rolled back to 2.0.12 before I installed 2.2.2 few days back.

The 2.2.2 looks like it needs some more work for Linux.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version