Forum > Databases

TCSVDataset best practices

(1/1)

msocorcim:
What's the difference between: CVSDataset1.Close and CVSDataset1.Active := False?

Thanks

wp:
Nothing.

From the sources of TDataset (from which TCSVDataset inherits):

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---procedure TDataSet.Close;begin  Active:=False;end;

msocorcim:
Thanks!

I just realized (or maybe relearned) that the IDE hint links to the ancestor class implementing the method not the class itself. I've been away from Lazarus/Delphi for about 12 years, so it's hard to know what sure what I forgot and what I never knew :)

Anyhow, my renewed interest in Lazarus is due to Monodevelp's questionable prospects, and it's pleasing to see how active the Lazarus Community is.

dsiders:

--- Quote from: msocorcim on June 25, 2022, 05:44:05 pm ---Thanks!

I just realized (or maybe relearned) that the IDE hint links to the ancestor class implementing the method not the class itself. I've been away from Lazarus/Delphi for about 12 years, so it's hard to know what sure what I forgot and what I never knew :)

Anyhow, my renewed interest in Lazarus is due to Monodevelp's questionable prospects, and it's pleasing to see how active the Lazarus Community is.

--- End quote ---

Are you referring to the pop-up help or code navigation in the editor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version