Forum > Networking and Web Programming

Integrating OAuth2 into email program

<< < (3/3)

Remy Lebeau:

--- Quote from: rvk on June 25, 2022, 09:42:36 pm ---Are you sure? I can't check because I have 2FA. But I thought so called “less secure apps” will no longer be able to access your Gmail as of May 30, 2022.

--- End quote ---

Per the page in question:

--- Quote ---- If "Less secure app access" is on for your account

Because less secure apps can make your account more vulnerable, Google will automatically turn this setting off if it’s not being used.

If "Less secure app access" is still on for your account, we recommend turning it off now and switching to more secure apps.

Turn off "Less secure app access"

To help keep your account secure, we recommend that you keep this setting off and use more secure apps.

1. Go to the Less secure app access section of your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
2. Turn Allow less secure apps off.

- If "Less secure app access" is off for your account

If "Less secure app access" is turned off for your account, you can turn it back on. We recommend switching to more secure apps instead.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: rvk on June 25, 2022, 09:42:36 pm ---The only method now for accessing gmail via pop/smtp/imap is an app password or Google OAuth2.

--- End quote ---

Or, turning "Less secure apps" back on, if you don't have 2FA enabled.

--- Quote from: rvk on June 25, 2022, 09:42:36 pm ---Edit: yup. It's definitely not available anymore.

--- End quote ---

Only if you have 2FA enabled:

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

--- Quote ---Some apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which makes your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps, which we recommend, or turn it on if you want to use them despite the risks. Google will automatically turn this setting OFF if it’s not being used.

This setting is not available for accounts with 2-Step Verification enabled. Such accounts require an application-specific password for less secure apps access.

--- End quote ---

rvk:

--- Quote from: Remy Lebeau on June 27, 2022, 07:44:39 pm ---Only if you have 2FA enabled:

https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

--- End quote ---
Sorry I wasn't clear. The screenshot above was from a dummy account of mine where 2FA was NOT enabled.

"Less secure" option is definitely removed from ALL accounts since May 30.
(And that's the problem TS is having)

Just as a curiosity, could you still enable it on your account (without 2FA)??

Note: The whole page mentioned is out if date. Only the red part (warning) is applicable. So the parts you quoted are no longer valid.

Ps. One extra note, if you have a workspace account this option might still be available. But for normal free accounts it's gone.

--- Quote ---Important: This deadline does not apply to Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers. The enforcement date for these customers will be announced on the Workspace blog at a later date.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version