Forum > Debugger

Debugging problem on Windows 11 ARM

(1/9) > >>

Luc:
Hi,

I have some trouble using fpDebug on Windows 11 ARM + Parallel VM: The debugger stops at the first breakpoint found in the program flow, no problem here. But quite often (not every time) when I press F7 or F8 or F9 the IDE doesn't step and doesn't give back the execution flow to the program being debugged.

Everything is fine under Win8 or Win10 x64 + Parallel VM.

Thanks
Luc

Martin_fr:
Not quite clear what you do:

- Debugging an arm/avr target, with the avr-embedded FpDebug?
- Debugging an x84-64 program in the VM? (And presumingly the IDE also running in the VM?)

If the latter, then try running:

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---    lazarus.exe --debug-log=c:\laz-log.txt --debug-enable=DBG_VERBOSE,DBG_STATE,DBG_DATA_MONITORS,DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG,FPDBG_DWARF_ERRORS,DBG_VERBOSE,DBG_WARNINGS,DBG_STATE,DBG_EVENTS,DBG_THREAD_AND_FRAME,DBG_ERRORS,DBG_FPDEBUG_VERBOSE,FPDBG_BREAKPOINT_ERRORS,FPDBG_BREAKPOINTS,FPDBG_COMMANDS,FPDBG_THREADS,FPDBG_QUEUE,FPDEBUG_THREAD_CHECK,FPDBG_WINDOWS    
And get the output attached. It may contain names/symbols from your app. If that is an issue, then remove that part first.

Also if you can: try running Lazarus 2.3.

Very important
If you did rebuild your IDE, make sure you used max -O-1  (or FPC 3.2.3 or 3.3.1)

If you used -O2 or above to build the IDE, there is a bug in fpc 3.2.2, and fpdebug will misbehave.

Luc:
Thanks Martin,

Sorry to not being clear. I am


--- Quote ---Debugging an x84-64 program in the VM? (And presumingly the IDE also running in the VM?)
--- End quote ---

I enclosed my current settings (removing the used libs as it should not be relevant here). The IDE was rebuilt with -O1. I did some more tests with a simple project and I don't have any problem with it.

The one I have problems with is far more complex and uses many Forms or Frames.

The laz-log - NQ.txt doesn't seem to bring some light but I also enclose a screenshot of the assembler windows when the debugger hangs (The IDE is still responding but I cannot go back to the program being debugged nor stepping the code).

As a side note, I also found that you still can select "use external debug symbols file" when fpDebug is selected as the default debugger. AFAIK, this option should be disabled in the IDE with fpDebug?

Please let me know if there is something else I can do to solde this breakpoint problem.

Martin_fr:

--- Quote ---As a side note, I also found that you still can select "use external debug symbols file" when fpDebug is selected as the default debugger. AFAIK, this option should be disabled in the IDE with fpDebug?

--- End quote ---
FpDebug does support this. (at least in 2.3 / not sure when it was added). But it has no benefit. (Unless someone ships their releases with -O-1 -Criot -gh -Sa  => which is what a debug build should normally have... IMHO)

Ok, the log framework appears to have some bug. The debug-enable does not seem to work.

Can you recompile and add the following options in the "configure build lazarus"

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ----dDBG_VERBOSE-dDBG_STATE-dDBG_DATA_MONITORS-dDBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG-dFPDBG_DWARF_ERRORS-dDBG_VERBOSE-dDBG_WARNINGS-dDBG_STATE-dDBG_EVENTS-dDBG_THREAD_AND_FRAME-dDBG_ERRORS-dDBG_FPDEBUG_VERBOSE-dFPDBG_BREAKPOINT_ERRORS-dFPDBG_BREAKPOINTS-dFPDBG_COMMANDS-dFPDBG_THREADS-dFPDBG_QUEUE-dFPDEBUG_THREAD_CHECK-dFPDBG_WINDOWS     
And then just

--- Code: Text  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} --- lazarus.exe --debug-log=c:\laz-log.txt

Luc:
Much better now I think  :)

Here is the log file. I was able to step over F8 several times then I tried F9 and it hanged again. It appears to have "access is denied" messages in the log file but I don't know if it is relevant here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version