Forum > Databases

[Solved] Are there any limits on query results?

<< < (3/4) > >>

MarkMLl:

--- Quote from: loaded on June 27, 2022, 06:09:26 pm ---Yes I can try this on pgadmin. If I'm available tomorrow, I'll do it

--- End quote ---

NOT PGADMIN! PSQL!!

psql is the reference client implementation from the PostgreSQL project, i.e. written by people with an intimate understanding of the API and protocol. If /they/ separate blobs, then it's a strong indication that the API and protocol expect it. While well-respected, pgadmin is not the reference implementation.

MarkMLl

loaded:

--- Quote from: MarkMLl on June 27, 2022, 10:39:39 pm ---NOT PGADMIN! PSQL!!

--- End quote ---

Master MarkMLl, this is the first time I've heard of Psql from you. In the meantime, I realized that there is much more to learn from you.
But, for now, instead of something I don't know, I experimented with Pgadmin that I know (You're going to be mad at me for that) and the query was completed in like 6 seconds.
As far as I understand, there is no problem on the database side, it's a case of the Zeos I'm using.
Thanks to you, what I have gained is enough for me for now. I don't want to tire you anymore. Respects.

marsupilami79:
Hello loaded,

--- Quote from: loaded on June 28, 2022, 08:32:25 am ---As far as I understand, there is no problem on the database side, it's a case of the Zeos I'm using.

--- End quote ---
as a Zeos developer I would like to know more about this:
- Which version of Zeos do you use?
- Can you give any hints on how to recreate the situation you had? Like how many records did you try to get from the database and what were the blob sizes in the bytea fields?

Best regards,

Jan

loaded:
Hi marsupilami79, first of all, thank you very much for your interest and also for the Zeos Package.

--- Quote from: marsupilami79 on June 29, 2022, 05:27:10 pm ---- Which version of Zeos do you use?

--- End quote ---

I'm using Zeos version 7.2.14 and Postgresql 9.6 along with Lazarus 2.2.0.

--- Quote from: marsupilami79 on June 29, 2022, 05:27:10 pm ---- Can you give any hints on how to recreate the situation you had? Like how many records did you try to get from the database and what were the blob sizes in the bytea fields?

--- End quote ---

In fact, the number of records is not very many, only 243. But in each record, there are 7 columns to store 'bytea' type documents. On average, files between 1 Mb and 7 Mb are stored. Some may be empty. But 7 Mb recording is available in all of them.

miab3:

--- Quote from: loaded on June 30, 2022, 08:37:06 am ---In fact, the number of records is not very many, only 243. But in each record, there are 7 columns to store 'bytea' type documents. On average, files between 1 Mb and 7 Mb are stored. Some may be empty. But 7 Mb recording is available in all of them.

--- End quote ---
7Mb or 7MB(x243)? Because if the latter, then you are dangerously approaching the border of 32-bit systems

MichaƂ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version