Forum > LCL

Out of bounds index error

(1/3) > >>

Al3:
Hey!

I am using
--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---TStringGrid and wrote this function to create a new column when the user ctrl+clicks on a column:

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---{ Signals }procedure TForm1.listviewHeaderClick(Sender: TObject; IsColumn: Boolean; Index: Integer);var    Column   : TGridColumn;begin     if GetKeyPressed(VK_CONTROL) = FALSE then exit;     if isColumn                  = FALSE then exit;      Column := listview.Columns.Add;     Column.Title.Caption := 'Unnamed_' + listview.colCount.toString();     Column.SizePriority := 1;     Column.Index := Index;     Column.Alignment := taCenter;end;
However, when I set the TStringGrid's
--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---AutoFillCoumns property to TRUE, so that columns expand and fill up the available space, when I attempt to create a column the program blows with an exception:

--- Quote ---Project tables raised exception class 'EGridException' with message:
Index Out of range Cell[Col=2 Row=4]
--- End quote ---

I really don't know what this has to do with out of range cells and error messages with the likes of that.
I am a bit incompetent as I am primarily a C developer that mostly only used GTK+
I came back to Lazarus after 6 years and it feels good!  :)

Zvoni:
and you actually have 2 columns with 4 rows (incl. Fixed Rows/Columns)?

btw: Is it now a TStringGrid or a ListView?

Thaddy:
Yes, I was wondering about that too... We need more code, proper code.

Al3:
It is a TStringGrid

--- Code: Pascal  [+][-]window.onload = function(){var x1 = document.getElementById("main_content_section"); if (x1) { var x = document.getElementsByClassName("geshi");for (var i = 0; i < x.length; i++) { x[i].style.maxHeight='none'; x[i].style.height = Math.min(x[i].clientHeight+15,306)+'px'; x[i].style.resize = "vertical";}};} ---unit Unit1; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses  Classes, SysUtils, Forms, Controls, Graphics, Dialogs, Menus, ExtCtrls,  LCLIntf, LCLType,  ValEdit, Grids; type   { TForm1 }   TForm1 = class(TForm)    mm: TMainMenu;    MenuItemFile: TMenuItem;    MenuItemEdit: TMenuItem;    MenuItemSearch: TMenuItem;    MenuItemHelp: TMenuItem;    MenuItemNew: TMenuItem;    MenuItemOpen: TMenuItem;    MenuItemSave: TMenuItem;    MenuItemSaveAs: TMenuItem;    listview: TStringGrid;     procedure listviewHeaderClick(Sender: TObject; IsColumn: Boolean; Index: Integer);   private   public   end; var  Form1: TForm1; implementation function GetKeyPressed(const VKeyCode: Integer): Boolean;begin  Result := GetKeyState(VKeyCode) and $80 <> 0;end;   {$R *.lfm} { TForm1 }           { Signals }procedure TForm1.listviewHeaderClick(Sender: TObject; IsColumn: Boolean; Index: Integer);var    Column   : TGridColumn;begin     if GetKeyPressed(VK_CONTROL) = FALSE then exit;     if isColumn                  = FALSE then exit;      Column := listview.Columns.Add;//TGridColumn.Create(listview.Columns);     Column.Title.Caption := 'Unnamed_' + listview.colCount.toString();     Column.SizePriority := 1;     Column.Index := Index;     Column.Alignment := taCenter;     //listview.AutoFillColumns := TRUE;end; end.
Picture of how the form looks when I run the application: https://game-editor2.com/table.png
Or the entire project: https://game-editor2.com/tables.rar

There are several new concepts for me and I haven't had the time to get used to that.

Zvoni:
Ahh….. „ListView“ is the name of the TStringGrid.

Well, the only thing coming to mind has to do with the (re-) painting of the Form/Grid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version