Forum > General

[SOLVED] TComboBox DropDownCount

(1/1)

Slyde:
I thought I could limit the number of names shown in a combobox, instead of it just spilling out a bunch of them all at once.  And when I looked in the object inspector, I did see it had a DropDownCount.  But it's already set at 8, and it's spilling out a lot more names than that.  But for kicks, I changed it to 4.  No difference.  Not even sure what that's for, now.

How can I limit the the number of rows shown by the combobox?

dsiders:

--- Quote from: Slyde on June 22, 2022, 04:59:57 am ---I thought I could limit the number of names shown in a combobox, instead of it just spilling out a bunch of them all at once.  And when I looked in the object inspector, I did see it had a DropDownCount.  But it's already set at 8, and it's spilling out a lot more names than that.  But for kicks, I changed it to 4.  No difference.  Not even sure what that's for, now.

How can I limit the the number of rows shown by the combobox?

--- End quote ---

The limit has to be implemented in the widgetset classes. GTK 1/2/3, for example, do not implement it. Is Mint based on GTK?

Slyde:
That explains that.  Mint's GTK.

Zoran:
Despite all popular Mint's distributions (Cinnamon, Mate, Xfce) being based on Gnome desktop, you can try compiling your application with Qt5 widgetset on Mint.
Only, be aware that, unlike Gtk2, LCL applications built for Qt5 need a special dependency to libqt5pas package (details in the wiki page linked above).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version