Forum > QT

(Solved) that possible to make QWindow appear on all Virtual Desktop with Xlib?

<< < (3/3)

Fred vS:

--- Quote from: Dio Affriza on June 19, 2022, 06:42:35 pm --- I'll update the code of the post.

--- End quote ---

Hello Dio Affriza.

I have tested your code for MSEgui and it works here for all kind of windows  using only this (not _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK) :

[EDIT] You are right, with NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK the window is shown in other desktops.
Otherwise the form is minimized in other desktops.

Many thanks for your exploration, I did learn very interesting things (that I added to MSEgui  ;)).

[EDIT] For Windows GDI, in CreateWindowex(...) , set parameter dwExStyle to WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW.

Fre;D

AFFRIZA 亜風実:

--- Quote from: Fred vS on June 20, 2022, 01:13:51 am ---Hello Dio Affriza.

I have tested your code for MSEgui and it works here for all kind of windows  using only this (not _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK) :

[EDIT] You are right, with NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_DOCK the window is shown in other desktops.
Otherwise the form is minimized in other desktops.

Many thanks for your exploration, I did learn very interesting things (that I added to MSEgui  ;)).

[EDIT] For Windows GDI, in CreateWindowex(...) , set parameter dwExStyle to WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW.

Fre;D

--- End quote ---
I'm glad if that's also helps  ;) With experiment like this it will expand the code samples and tutorials, I hope many people will know Pascal can do anything and make it great again.  8)
This is the video demo anyway: https://youtu.be/UDU7pO8G0nM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version